Talk

Advanced search

anyone pregnant and has an umbilical hernia.

(7 Posts)
Bumbleb79 Mon 04-Dec-17 00:27:44

Hi,

Just the title really. Is there anyone who has an umbilical hernia and has gotten pregnant. Just wanted to know whether it was safe. I have an umbilical hernia and looking to have a second child. But getting varied opinions from 2-3 consultants I met. One says , fix the hernia and then get pregnant and the second doc says otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

BrutusMcDogface Mon 04-Dec-17 07:45:29

I had one that was evident in second pregnancy. Had it fixed before having my third child as it was quite painful! I was told it didn't matter in which order I did things...but it was absolutely fine through my third pregnancy so that was probably the best way to do it as I guess it might have worsened otherwise.

Bumbleb79 Mon 04-Dec-17 09:41:40

Thank you for replying. May I ask you whether your hernial repair involved a mesh. And how long it took for it to heal. How long did you wait after the operation to conceive? Hope you don't mind me asking these questions. Thanks in advance.

Bumbleb79 Thu 07-Dec-17 22:04:40

Bump

MrsMoastyToasty Thu 07-Dec-17 22:10:58

I have an umbilical hernia. The consultant in saw when I saw him about femoral and inguinal hernias suggested that I'd probably had since I was born and if it didnt bother me then to leave it alone. The other femoral and inguinal hernias were repaired with a mesh insert.

MrsMoastyToasty Thu 07-Dec-17 22:12:09

I conceived naturally and carried to full term.

Bumbleb79 Fri 08-Dec-17 19:05:53

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now