Talk

Advanced search

Early scan 5+6 please help

(5 Posts)
RainbowsAndUnicorns23 Sun 03-Dec-17 22:30:55

I had an early scan due to pain and bleeding, was suspected ectopic. The abdominal scan showed nothing so had internal scan which showed gestational sac and yolk but no fetal pole - too early so I'm back in 2 weeks. There is a haematoma superior to sac but told not to worry. But after getting home and looking at my notes it also showed small amount of free fluid in pouch of Douglas.

Has anyone else had this? I'm worrying so much about it!

Thank you in advance. X

LisaSimpsonsbff Sun 03-Dec-17 22:36:33

I have absolutely no idea what it means either but I had this (the free fluid in Pouch of Douglas) when I wasn't pregnant and when I had an anatomy check - and they reported from that that absolutely everything was perfect with no causes for concern at all, so I think it might just be a normal thing? I also think they'd have spoken to you about it if it meant anything. I really hope the next two weeks go quickly for you and then show a healthy growing bean.

RainbowsAndUnicorns23 Mon 04-Dec-17 11:22:08

Thank you for your reply. I feel a bit less stressed today and just think worrying will change nothing. Just got to hope for the best. X

EastDulwichWife Mon 04-Dec-17 11:35:48

I was scanned due to a big bleed at 5+6 and they could see a bleed outside the sac, but no fetal pole. A scan at 6+6 showed no evidence of the bleed, and a fetal pole beating away. It's impossible, but try not to worry. Fingers crossed for you! x

RainbowsAndUnicorns23 Mon 04-Dec-17 13:00:01

That gives me hope! Thank you so much. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now