Talk

Advanced search

Baby sling

(9 Posts)
Cakeandmarshmallows Sun 03-Dec-17 20:09:42

Good evening, I'm looking for recommendations for Baby slings... I'm 22 weeks pregnant but trying to research early..... have others successfully used slings? Would you recommend? Which ones would you suggest? Thanks.

DuggeeHugs Sun 03-Dec-17 20:23:14

I've used slings and wraps with both DC and would definitely recommend. The best place to start is looking for your local sling library. You can try a selection and rent a few until you find the set up that works best for you and baby.

Girlwiththearabstrap Sun 03-Dec-17 20:24:19

For a newborn you can't go wrong with a stretchy like a Moby or caboo. If you want to use a carrier regularly you'd be best going to a sling meet (most towns have one) where you can try on and sometimes hire. It's really quite a personal thing, people's preferences are different.

Loosemoose28 Sun 03-Dec-17 20:24:30

Quiet a few of my friends are sling geeks.

Have a caboo for at home and early days

Just bought a connecta from a friend after several friends recommended and could feed in it. Can be used from birth

I want a ergo baby but friends have struggled to feed in it but they are great when you can back carry.

Kraggle Sun 03-Dec-17 20:26:33

I’ve got an nct Close caboo and it was fab when dd was younger. She still goes in it now as w huge 8 month old but it is hard on my back. Need to research the hip hold.

Salvadore Sun 03-Dec-17 20:28:35

Slings are great, you need to find one that works for you. Definitely find a sling library.
I loved my Caboo for the early months then my ergo (still using for 2yr old)
Lots swear by the moby wrap but it wasn’t for me, also tried basic £20 ones which were awful for me.
Your height, shoulder width, hips/waist etc all make a difference in my opinion.

sassenach84 Sun 03-Dec-17 22:30:24

Boba wrap was a lifesaver for me when the bubba was a newborn and wanted to be held and moving all the time in the first few weeks (one day I literally walked for 10h around the house). Then when she got to 2 months we started using Stokke carrier, I like it for the support it gives in the back (e.g. I felt for me Babybjorns were too open in the back).

hereagain99 Sun 03-Dec-17 22:45:20

DD is 8 years old and she hated a carrier, I think we bought a Tommy one, but loved her babasling. I was still using it with her when she was in pre-school and she started when she was 2.5 years old.

As other people have said you need to find the one that works for you and your baby. Your baby will also have its own preferences. I was able to breastfeed DD while she was in the sling and we were out and about so just perfect for us.

I am pregnant again and I am hoping this baby will like it as I still have it grin

silkpyjamasallday Mon 04-Dec-17 09:28:56

DP and I both have Baby K'tan slings, we have used them constantly for the last 15 months, they have loads of different ways of carrying the baby depending on age and weight. Go to a sling library and see what you think will suit you, lots of the ones I saw recommended on here I hated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now