Talk

Advanced search

14 weeks - have my waters gone?

(17 Posts)
Bluebellysmell Sun 03-Dec-17 19:11:47

Hi

I'm hoping I'm wrong but how will I know if my waters have gone?

I was lay in bed earlier, had been for a couple hours, stood up and by the time I'd walked downstairs my knickers were very wet, pretty sure it wasn't pee, I'd have felt that.
Currently put on fresh kickers and a pad and lay down for an hour or so with a pillow under my bum to see if I get another flood when i stand back up.

I've also had a few cramps on and off all day but assumed they were constipation related. blush

I don't know why i've posted, I've had first couple of month losses before and I don't think there is any chance for this one if my waters have gone sad

Babybooboohead Sun 03-Dec-17 19:13:02

Call triage at EPU they may be able to help reassure you.

flumpybear Sun 03-Dec-17 19:16:33

Definitely call early pregnancy unit - it may just be a wave of discharge so don’t worry too much - hope alls well

Bluebellysmell Sun 03-Dec-17 19:46:01

No one is picking up at EPU, think they closed at 5.

I got up after an hour cause I needed the loo, no more obvious fluid but only had a few seconds before I had to pee, back to lying with bum on a cushion and fingers crossed it was a faulty pelvic floor . . .

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sun 03-Dec-17 19:55:18

Had you had a bath/shower shortly be laying down? It could just have been water (suction & such). Could also be very runny cm. Do you have any other numbers you can call? If you can't get through to epu can you call labour ward & see what they suggest? I hate that point of pregnancy because you're in the no man zone re help. I hope you speak to someone soon & that all's ok.

Nicae Sun 03-Dec-17 20:07:36

I had something that was similar to what you've described although I was further along. I went to the maternity ward as I was terrified but I turned out it was just discharge as a result of having group b strep. Nothing to worry about in terms of the pregnancy but I did have to have antibiotics in labour.

Bluebellysmell Sun 03-Dec-17 20:13:01

No bath/shower today, I've been a lazy mare in my PJs all day.

I'm still getting cramps occasionally but they could be due to constipation/trapped wind, I've had them before and been convinced it was an m/c as they feel very much like period pains.

Also have an uncomfortable feeling inside my vagina, a little hard to describe but it feels kind of bruised/grazed. or like a tampon is in wrong confused

ButtMuncher Sun 03-Dec-17 20:14:26

On your maternity notes you should have a number for delivery suite. Call them - even if it's just for advice, but please call just in case. flowers

gamerpigeon Sun 03-Dec-17 20:16:24

Put on a sanitary pad to collect the fluid - they will ask you for it

CouldntCatchACold Sun 03-Dec-17 20:23:32

I would definitely give the out of hours gp a ring or go to A&E and they will get someone from gynae to see you. Especially if you're having pains as well. thanks

iwanttobekate Sun 03-Dec-17 20:44:57

You should def get things checked out with your midwife for peace of mind. However... I was quite horrified by the increased volume of discharge that occurred during pregnancy. As someone who had never understood the point of those little thin panty liners I ended up using them every day. So it could just be another glamorous side of pregnancy.

Howaboutanotherusername Sun 03-Dec-17 22:14:14

probably nothing but please please get checked out even if you go up to a&e

fingers crossed

WaitroseCoffeeCostaCup Sun 03-Dec-17 22:42:34

Please get checked out op. There should be a number for the labour ward on the front of your notes. They really wont mind checking you over and reassuring you.

zaalitje Sun 03-Dec-17 22:49:19

Hope I'm not jinxing things by saying this bit there's been no more fluid.
Still have a funny feeling in my vagina, but I've had similar twinges before, it's not fanny daggers, just feels uncomfortable.
I'll call my midwife in the morning, there's no way I could of got to epu/ labour Ward tonight to be checked, it's a 35 minute drive (and i feel too distracted to drive) and the buses stopped at 5.

HAGI12 Sun 03-Dec-17 22:57:26

This happens to me a lot, the amount of times I’ve had to change my pants. Panty liners are my new best friend. I would say not to worry! I’m 16 weeks now xx

Howaboutanotherusername Mon 04-Dec-17 12:50:08

hope everything is good i today OP

EastDulwichWife Mon 04-Dec-17 13:49:56

Hope you're okay OP! I had this last week (also at 14 weeks) and ended up in EPU as I was convinced my waters were leaking. She scanned me and all was fine - baby had plenty of fluid, so it was just very watery discharge. Pretty unpleasant, but not necessarily anything to worry about. Hope you got seen and had good news this morning. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now