Talk

Advanced search

Did you have a 10 week scan? Please show me yours! Worried

(17 Posts)
jellycrumble Sun 03-Dec-17 16:12:45

Hi there I'm probably worrying over nothing (story of my life so far!) I've had two previous MCs (one missed) and recently been having very bad back pain, which was a symptom of my last miscarriage.

Decided to book myself for an early reassurance scan as I was really panicking and NHS wouldn't see me. At a very early EPU scan I was put back a week and a half. So today at my scan I was supposed to be about 9+5 however I've been dated at 10+5! Everything was fine however looking at photos of other 10 week scans mine looks really small and blobby sad The sonographer said everything looked great and I was 10+5 but it just seems v small.

Not sure what I'm looking for really, just other 10 week scan pictures to compare and some reassurance! I have bad anxiety so even when I'm told things are going well I still get myself into a panic!

Amanda89x Sun 03-Dec-17 16:17:07

Looks normal to me. I had a scan at 9 weeks and the baby looked like a blob and when I went for my 12 week scan I was brought forward by a week. It’s hard to date when it’s so early

PotteringAlong Sun 03-Dec-17 16:18:58

You’re 10 weeks pregnant. With the best will in the world it IS very small...

wowbutter Sun 03-Dec-17 16:19:57

Yes, looks totally fine. I had a seven week scan and it was really blob like.

chocolateorangeowls Sun 03-Dec-17 16:33:04

Sorry for your previous miscarriages. I had a MMC so understand your worry.

I had a scan at 9 weeks and my baby looked exactly like your photos. Don’t worry everything looks great smile

Rebeccaslicker Sun 03-Dec-17 18:29:27

If the sonographer had the slightest concern, he or she would have flagged it. Try to remember that when your mind starts to pick at you.

Congratulations!

WaitrosePigeon Sun 03-Dec-17 18:30:38

That’s a perfect 10 week old baby, don’t worry flowers

BigBaboonBum Sun 03-Dec-17 18:42:42

Looks normal! These are mine from 10 weeks. If you’re measured at 10.5 then that means baby is the same size as a normal 10.5, so even if they look small and blobby... it was measured at 10.5 so can’t be! If anything was wrong they say so

mindutopia Sun 03-Dec-17 19:00:15

I think that looks fine. The photos themselves can look very different depending on how zoomed in the image is and whether it is abdominal/vaginal. I had a 10 week scan with my dd at 10+5 and I wouldn't say it looked any different than that (though was an emergency scan, all was fine, but I didn't get any photos from it). I had a scan around 9 weeks with this baby and I would say baby looked smaller than that (but scan was vaginal, on abdominal, they could barely seen anything still), so I would imagine that's pretty typical for 10 ish weeks.

SandysMam Sun 03-Dec-17 19:04:08

Mine looked like a blob at 11 Weeks!! The difference between that and 13 Weeks was astounding!! Congratulations on your pregnancy, for now, just try to relax and enjoy it. Thinking the worst won’t make things better if the worst happens. Clear your mind tonight and enjoy your perfect little 10 week bump!

Daisy2315 Sun 03-Dec-17 19:10:16

This looks just like my two did. I have seen several 10 week scans that I could not make out the baby at all so I think this is a good scan picture.

mrssmith1415 Sun 03-Dec-17 19:17:26

I had a 10 week scan with dd1 and it looked just like yours! I was amazed at the difference between each scan up until 12 weeks (I had scans at 6, 8, 10 and 12 weeks) because they really do grow so so quickly in the first trimester. X

Helloisitmeoryou Sun 03-Dec-17 19:19:42

3 of my photos at 10 weeks 2 days. Look very similar to yours. That scan is now 3.5 years old!

Swirlingasong Sun 03-Dec-17 19:22:51

It looks fine, just like mine did. And sonographers will not say everything looks fine if at that moment it doesn't. I understand the worry, I also had 2 mc before dc1 and the worrying was unbearable but please be reassured by this. You are ten weeks pregnant and the baby looks fine.

princesseggo Sun 03-Dec-17 19:26:34

Looks perfect to me! Here's my DD at around 10 weeks

Oddsocksforeveryone Sun 03-Dec-17 19:44:31

10 week scan, also known as Olaf.
Hope that helps x

jellycrumble Mon 04-Dec-17 15:20:45

Thank you all so much for your scan photos and kind reassurance - having no DC of my own yet I can't quite believe I've made it to 10 weeks (never had a scan photo to take home before!) and I was just worrying myself for no reason, even though I know it does absolutely no good!

I feel really silly now grin Love the scan photos they're all so cute! Thank you again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now