Talk

Advanced search

TMI warning! 40+2 and constantly feel pressure in bum and need to poo but nothing!

(16 Posts)
JaydeW Sun 03-Dec-17 16:05:02

Sorry about TMI but I did advice on this one

I'm 40+2 weeks with first baby and this ones a bit hard to describe but since this morning I've had this awful urge to go to the toilet (possibly worth noting that I've not been in about 5 days) so I will sit on the toilet and nothing! But if I push then the nerves in my back twinge and it's unbearable!

And now the urge comes every 5 mins or so where my body will push into my bum. My bump is tight but it has been tight and high for weeks.

I can't sit directly on my bum, I don't feel comfortable anywhere but on my bouncy ball, and even then my lower back aches quite a lot!

I'm not sure what I should be doing here? confused

Flamingobaby37 Sun 03-Dec-17 16:08:34

Phone your midwife/maternity unit. It sounds like you are in Labour! Good luck

bespawler Sun 03-Dec-17 16:10:07

Sounds like labour to me. Good luck!

PurplePillowCase Sun 03-Dec-17 16:11:16

sounds like labour.
call maternity unit, they will probably ask you to come in to assess.
take your bag, phone charger, snacks...

good luck!

BastardGoDarkly Sun 03-Dec-17 16:11:29

Yep,, start of labour. Good luck!

StupidSlimyGit Sun 03-Dec-17 16:11:57

Yup sounds like labour! I didn't realise I was in labour with my first but I felt exactly like you describe.
Good luck!

WasDoingFine Sun 03-Dec-17 16:13:31

Exciting!! Remember lllooonngg deep sucks on the gas and air as the contraction builds and you'll be so stoned it will carry you for when you hit the peek

JaydeW Sun 03-Dec-17 22:06:27

Thanks for the replies guys :-)

I took some paracetamol a few hours later and managed to make it out to a meal with family (its my mums birthday today and mine tomorrow!) and it eased off for a few hours but then came back with a vengeance so me and DP made a swift exit and the pains were unbearable...I couldn't even get in the car at first and DP had to recline the seat all the way back so i could wedge myself in awkwardly whilst we drove home. I took more paracetamol before we left

On the way home I was getting frequent intense contraction-like (i think) pains that would come and go, however when I got home the pain had eased a bit again so I managed a bath and now I'm sat here wondering if the pains will come back after the paracetamol eases off hmm

Oldschool41 Mon 04-Dec-17 06:31:56

Sounds like you need some lactulose as not going for a poo for 5 days will make you feel uncomfortable. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and last week needed lactulose as I was struggling to go for a poo. Made me feel a lot better.

Ekphrasis Mon 04-Dec-17 07:17:14

I was like that at 42 weeks. I used a glycerine suppository to help get the poo out/ going. Pharmacists get edgy about letting pregnant women have them as they can trigger labour; I’m not sure if I was in labour already but by the time I’d got to the hospital for an induction I was told I was. (I think I had been - the pressure thing I think is early labour).

BrutusMcDogface Mon 04-Dec-17 07:22:37

I agree wholeheartedly that you need to shift that poo, as baby won't be able to get down if there's poo blocking the exit! Yes to lactulose; it's gentle and worked a treat when I used it in pregnancy. When you've pooed you might find labour starts properly.

Good luck!!

BastardGoDarkly Mon 04-Dec-17 12:49:50

How are you op? Have you had a poo or a baby yet? grin

JaydeW Mon 04-Dec-17 13:44:30

No baby yet but managed to FINALLY go to the toilet last night although it wasn't very impressive at all

I phoned the midwife this morning as after the contraction pain eased last night it hasn't come back since but she said it was perfectly normal its just my body trying to go into labour but its not 100% ready yet...so you may all very well be right with needing laculose!

I hate taking laxatives like dulcolax etc as cant stand the cramping pain so I think something like laculose that is a little softer would be a good shout

smile x

BrutusMcDogface Mon 04-Dec-17 20:56:38

Good luck (again!) you must be sooooo ready to have your baby. smileflowers

Jenijena Mon 04-Dec-17 20:58:22

If you can get the poo out before the baby, it will be easier (voice of experience).

Ekphrasis Tue 05-Dec-17 08:19:30

Try a glycerin pessary from boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now