Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Contractions too early!!!

(9 Posts)
Lollipop30 Sun 03-Dec-17 14:53:41

Anybody had very regular contractions 10mins apart and they’ve been braxton hicks?????
Too early don’t want to be in labour yet!!

Smoochyschmoo Sun 03-Dec-17 15:04:47

Yes I had irritable uterus. Started around 26 weeks, I went up for monitoring then sent on my merry way... I was worried I wouldn’t know when I was in labour as I had strong contractions everyday.

Have you phoned your maternity unit? How far along are you?

Lollipop30 Sun 03-Dec-17 15:14:53

I’m 36wks I’ve let midwife know but I really really don’t want to have to have it in hospital. I’m very aware that I can’t tell the difference between BH and labour, this is my third!

Smoochyschmoo Sun 03-Dec-17 16:57:35

It was my 3rd too so I felt pretty daft! Are you having a home birth?

Fingers crossed it’s not the real deal, if it is irritable uterus then they’re the closest thing I’ve felt to real contractions, could time them to the minute too. They never got closer together or stronger, and could sontimes go on for 4 hours.

LadyRenoir Sun 03-Dec-17 17:38:16

I have BH quite often (32 weeks now)- but my midwife said if they are not painful, then it's supposedly all well.

bettydraper31 Sun 03-Dec-17 19:26:48

Even if it is labour, baby will be fine at 36 weeks x

Lollipop30 Sun 03-Dec-17 20:16:55

They’re still going! No closer or stronger but they’re 10mins apart every time.
I want a home birth again and you’re not allowed one before 37weeks so legs firmly crossed!!
I’m just hoping to get some sleep and hopefully they’ll go x

Smoochyschmoo Sun 03-Dec-17 20:54:23

Sounds like IU to me so hopefully not the real thing & you hold off another week or more 😊

If it is IU I found hot baths helped, and making sure my bladder was emptied often. Bending and lifting heavyish items set it off...

Lollipop30 Sun 03-Dec-17 23:58:37

Thanks @Smoochyschmoo I think you’re probably right. I’ve had an hours sleep and although I’ve had the odd one they’re infrequent and dying down now! Phew!!
Fingers(and legs) crossed now for the next week!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now