Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Have I damaged my pelvic floor blowing my nose too much??

(7 Posts)
purplesquares Sun 03-Dec-17 14:09:19

I've had a really awful cold for the past week and so have been blowing my nose a lot - but every time I do so, I feel pressure in my pelvic floor area and have noticed over the past 24h that I need to go to the loo all the time - at least once an hour. It also feels a bit different "down below" - everything looks the same but feels like there's more pressure in that area. Could I have caused some kind of damage to my pelvic floor from blowing my nose so hard and so often?!

Stuckinstressville Sun 03-Dec-17 14:18:10

Oh god I was about to start a thread on this! 26 weeks and with a virus for 4 weeks which turned into bronchitis and sinus infection... I ended up in delivery as thought my waters were leaking. Nope. Pee.

Am mortified as never had an issue before with ds1!

Tena lights in and instructions for kegels. How can o go to work with this stress incontinence ????

Sympathy!

LumpySpaceCow Sun 03-Dec-17 14:22:19

I tighten my pelvic floor when I cough, sneeze, blow my nose etc. Could you have a urine infection? Not normal to need a wee every hour. How many weeks are you?

littlemissalwaystired Sun 03-Dec-17 14:25:44

Sounds like it could be a urine infection to me although it obviously can't be diagnosed over the internet. Any pain in your back or stinging when you wee? Feeling like you need to go desperately but then feel like you can't go? You can drop a sample into the GP without needing an appointment and they can tell you whether you need antibiotics or not.

ijustwannadance Sun 03-Dec-17 14:29:18

Could be a urine infection. It might also be the position baby happens to be in at the moment, depending how far along you are?

purplesquares Sun 03-Dec-17 15:59:51

Oh no sorry to hear you've been suffering too @Stuckinstressville - horrible isn't it?

I'm 26 weeks and the baby seems to be growing loads at the moment so not sure if that could be part of the cause of the feeling of pressure - just that she's bigger and pushing down on that area. Although urinary infection sounds plausible too. Is this something I can self diagnose or would I need a doctor/midwife appt?

Thanks all

ijustwannadance Sun 03-Dec-17 16:18:36

They need a pee sample. Midwife or GP can do it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: