Talk

Advanced search

I have pcos and 'pregnant'

(10 Posts)
firsttimemummy1517 Sun 03-Dec-17 11:02:39

I have done 6 tests and three clear blue tests which say I'm 3+ weeks but I'm worried I'm not pregnant everything I've done says positive and the reason I did a pregnancy test was because I had pregnancy symptoms but since finding out I've read news articles online with headlines like 'Thought I was pregnant' But then they wouldn't be because the PCOS gave a false positive etc and I'm scared that's what I have? Even after doctors etc! Haven't had a scan yet but I have PCOS and found out I was pregnant three weeks ago but before finding out I can't remember the last time I had a period probably five months ago so I'm worried I have a false positive

c4bbage Sun 03-Dec-17 11:08:30

I have PCOS and have never had a false positive, only a positive when I was pregnant at 3/4 weeks. She's now 8 days old

DaisyLand Sun 03-Dec-17 11:14:02

I have pcos and have loads of negatives tests. However the 1st positive I had was a real one. I think I took around 4 tests in a weekend as I’d not believe it smile
I was without the period for 14 months when ttc so had medicines to induce ovulation

Don’t think pcos affects in the tests results or shouldn’t.

Good luck

firsttimemummy1517 Sun 03-Dec-17 11:23:49

Thank you I think because it's my first I am so anxious and shocked.. I've wanted this for so long and now the anxiety is ridiculous but this has put my mind at some ease smile

Happpydays Sun 03-Dec-17 21:43:27

It doesn't cause false positives. You ARE pregnant! Congratulations!! smile

I know what you mean as I also have pcos and felt the same - in fact at each scan I was surprised and relieved we hadn't "made it all up". So I sympathise!

minipie Sun 03-Dec-17 22:00:34

I have heard pcos causes false positives on ovulation tests but never heard it for pregnancy tests

Like pp I have pcos and have only ever had two positive pregnancy tests, they are DDs 1 and 2...

Buxbaum Sun 03-Dec-17 23:01:12

PCOS doesn’t cause false positive pregnancy tests. Congratulations flowers

Migraleve Sun 03-Dec-17 23:07:55

I have PCOS and have only ever had 4 positives out of literally hundreds of tests. I have 4 DC

Congratulations

CoodleMoodle Mon 04-Dec-17 09:32:57

I have PCOS too. DD is 3.5 years and I'm 7 weeks pregnant with DC2.

Congratulations!

thecolonelbumminganugget Mon 04-Dec-17 10:18:43

I have pcos too and the only time I have had a positive test is when I became pregnant. We are having our first and paid for a scan at 8 weeks, it was £90 and it was at our local branch of Mothercare, it was great for calming any initial fears we had.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now