Talk

Advanced search

Really worried I’m going to misscarry...Faint positive at 5 weeks :(

(5 Posts)
Lottiel28 Sun 03-Dec-17 10:55:01

Hi all

I’m hoping someone may be able to offer advice/share their story.

I found out I was pregnant (at 4 weeks) last week and confirmed with a CBD test showing pregnant 1-2 weeks. I had a spare digi test left and took another this morning (5 weeks) with FMU. It came back 1-2 weeks still. It worried me a little as I thought it would say 3-4 weeks by now.

I then decided drink very little and waited until SMU and test with an internet cheapie. The line was so faint/barely visible. Could this be a bad sign?

I am not having any cramping, I have had some very very light brown spotting last week but that’s it.

This is our first BFP and trying for #1 for 18 months sad x

VelvetKK Sun 03-Dec-17 11:01:48

Try not to get obsessive about pregnancy tests as the darkness of lines aren't always an indication of hcg levels but rather an indication of the presence of hcg. I would test again in a couple of days to see if a line is still there.

I worried myself sick in the first weeks because it was so early but unfortunately at this stage, there's no other way to tell as early scans are still too early.

Lottiel28 Sun 03-Dec-17 11:13:58

Thanks velvet. I wish I just never bothered testing now!sad Going to see how it goes and I have a scan booked next Monday when I will be 6 weeks. Fingers crossed it’s all ok! x

VelvetKK Sun 03-Dec-17 11:17:17

I did the same as you. I stupidly tested at 6 weeks and was devastated to find that the line was weaker and was convinced it didn't bode well. One tip I got was to dilute the urine with water as it sometimes is too strong which can mess up the line (no idea how, I don't get it) but I diluted and it was stronger. After that, I binned the rest of the tests!

Lottiel28 Sun 03-Dec-17 11:24:19

Thanks velvet! That’s odd diluting water but I may try that. I have a FR test which I’m thinking of using tomorrow morning (but may use later if I can’t hold off anymore!) xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now