Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Willing to be told I'm being over dramatic...

(8 Posts)
Grimmfebruary Sat 02-Dec-17 18:32:29

But I've just caught my tummy full tilt against a door handle and after I was rushing about and basically ran into it. Am I just being precious to be overly worried about it? I know babies are fairly well cushioned in the womb haha.

29+6 with my first, so I'm prepared to be told I'm being silly. No bruising or anything. Also over done it today moving things whilst moving house but that's irrelevant!

emvy Sat 02-Dec-17 18:53:46

Baby will be fine! But I think you know that really. Totally irrational worries are so normal! I did pretty much the same thing at 11 weeks and freaked out about it. They're so well cushioned baby will barely have noticed! I'm sure you'll feel them continue to wriggle around as normal once you've sat down and that'll reassure you smile

PotteringAlong Sat 02-Dec-17 18:59:02

You are being over dramatic smile

The baby will be fine, honestly flowers

BabyOrSanta Sat 02-Dec-17 19:02:34

If it makes you feel any better, I keep forgetting how big my bump is and trying to fit through too-small gaps and opening doors on it... and baby seems fine!

BigBaboonBum Sat 02-Dec-17 19:49:48

Baby will be fine but your poor belly! I think most of us bump into things at some point, either from clumsy baby brain or because we forget how big we are!

Grimmfebruary Sat 02-Dec-17 19:50:40

Haha I know I'm being silly really, just overdid it while trying to help move bits and pieces into our new house today so was feeling a bit sensitive 😂 Thanks ladies!

AutumnLeavesandCandleLights Sat 02-Dec-17 19:58:11

Your little one will be just fine smile
My big, 35 week bump gets smacked and beaten up daily by my 11 month old grin

flowa79 Sat 02-Dec-17 20:05:01

Iv gotta b a little cautious with my 28week bump but only coz i need anti D if suffer knock. But thats more for me and baby fine smile he tends to let his ire show with a few extra kicks to the bladder tho

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: