Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

22 weeks pregnant & single

(8 Posts)
xTTCTamsterx Sat 02-Dec-17 14:55:09

Anybody else single and pregnant. Ex is a drunk and i couldn't deal with it anymore. Feeling pretty down and alone. How will i cope "labour wise" ect

hoochymama1 Sat 02-Dec-17 16:03:52

flowers Keep going, don't give up! Get yourself a nice brew and somecake and take a breath. Do you have friends and family in RL who could support you? Hope someone more knowledgeble is along in a while to offer sensible advice smile

ClareB83 Sat 02-Dec-17 16:28:19

Well done on getting rid of the drunk. My mum didn't manage it until I was 2. We were so much better off without him.

Would your mum be your birthing partner? My mum would kick my OH out and take his place if I let her!

mustbemad17 Sat 02-Dec-17 16:35:29

13 weeks & single here, been single a week 😬 Also have a 5 year old DD.
My mum is my birthing partner, my dad is going to take care of DD. Otherwise i'd be pretty screwed as i don't have many friends who could be on standby.

Are your family close by? Big hugs, it properly sucks but it sucks even more to have a crappy ex hanging round your neck whilst you're trying to give birth

xTTCTamsterx Sat 02-Dec-17 18:13:07

Hi everyone. I have a 5 year old little girl also, i just feel like an idiot. I really didn't think it would end up like this. He was fine before i got pregnant and since then he's been an absolute arse. It all came to a head last night, was drunk and shouting at me while my daughter was in bed. I can't sleep, or eat or think. This evening he messaged me asking what was happening and if we were sorting things out and i said no and it's like he just doesn't even care.

mustbemad17 Sat 02-Dec-17 18:20:11

OP that's similar to me. My & OH were living together, planned this baby, I thought everything was okay. A week ago today he sent me a Watsapp message telling me he was leaving, didn't want contact. Left me feeling really...confused...and even now I have no idea why.
We have our first scan on Monday & he couldn't care less 😔

Did he always drink? Was bub planned? Mine told me when he left that he would understand if I wanted to get rid now we weren't together...like this baby is something I can dispose of because he can't be fucked.

xTTCTamsterx Sat 02-Dec-17 18:23:33

That's discusting #mustbemad. Its alright for them to detach isn't it? But we're still feeling those kicks everyday, and other things that our bodies are doing. He liked to have a drink, but never did he show a lack of control. Once he's​ out drinking i cant even get hold of him and that's the most frustrating thing.

mustbemad17 Sat 02-Dec-17 18:32:20

Detach & walk away it seems. I'd never forgive myself for terminating this baby, i can't wait for the scan!! Even though being a single mum again terrifies me witless.

Sounds like your ex has a bit of an issue. My DD's dad used to go on benders, he'd go off radar for days then wonder why I would go mad; the idea of me worrying myself stupid over him was conveniently lost on him

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: