Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Labour or stomach bug?

(11 Posts)
rememberpurpleronnie Fri 01-Dec-17 16:30:23

I'm 35weeks, 2nd baby. Woke up this morning and had awful diarrhoea, sorry TMI. Was feeling sick too. Improved a bit over the day but I've just felt washed out. Now stomach is cramping on and off but in no pattern. Just taken paracetamol and about to go for a bath. I'm presuming it's just a stomach bug? I did lose my plug or part of it on Monday. I could do with knowing as I inject myself with clexane in the evening and have to skip a dose if I have labour signs...

rememberpurpleronnie Fri 01-Dec-17 16:31:25

PS I know it's not a black and white thing but interested to hear if anyone else started this way! Hoping not as a bit early!

Neoflex Fri 01-Dec-17 16:47:36

Friend of mine started exactly this way. She thought she had a sickness bug.
I've been feeling funny since Thursday night though (37 weeks) and no baby yet.

Bonelessbanquet Fri 01-Dec-17 16:55:34

31 weeks, had stomach cramps which eased off after a few trips t the loo blush I think I have a bug as it starts up again but then stops once I’ve been again.

2ducks2ducklings Fri 01-Dec-17 17:00:16

When I went into early labour, the midwife told me to have a bath. She said it would either stop the pain all together if I wasn't in labour or would get things going for definite if I was in labour. I was in labour and by god did the bath get things going! You may know for sure after your bath.

rememberpurpleronnie Fri 01-Dec-17 17:17:40

Out the bath- now have a constant lower back ache 😬, still not intermittent like contractions though. Last one was an induction so hard to compare.

Doyoumind Fri 01-Dec-17 17:25:05

I had similar symptoms and constant lower back ache, not contractions to start off with. I was told it was a bug at the hospital as I was several weeks early. It wasn't!

BertieBotts Fri 01-Dec-17 17:33:15

Call labour ward and ask? I'd imagine it would be worse to take Clexane when it's not required than skip it for one day. But I am not a doctor.

annlee3817 Fri 01-Dec-17 17:34:45

Probably worth getting checked out as your not full term yet, because if in labour they may want to give you steroid injections

annlee3817 Fri 01-Dec-17 17:35:01

You're

rememberpurpleronnie Fri 01-Dec-17 17:42:16

I'll call them in a couple of hours if still happening, usually inject last thing at night. Would rather not have to go into the hospital unnecessarily due to toddler DS and with my medical history they almost always suggest it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: