Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Since I got pregnant I feel really numb

(4 Posts)
onewaytraffic Fri 01-Dec-17 15:59:18

I'm 14w pregnant and was hoping that the second trimester would help me but it hasn't yet- did anyone else feel like they developed depression in their pregnancy? I just feel so sad all of the time and things with my partner are terrible. Before I got pregnant we had a brilliant relationship and we had a row a few weeks back and now I'm struggling to feel anything for him other than fear and suspicion.
Is there anything I can do? I feel too exhausted to exercise and I feel like my "old" life is already disappearing.

Glitterandunicorns Fri 01-Dec-17 16:35:23

Hi OP, sorry to hear you're having a difficult time.

When you say you had a row and now you're feeling suspicious about him, is it possible that your row would have left you feeling that way regardless of your pregnancy?

I'd recommend you speak to your midwife in any event. Some ladies do suffer from ante-natal depression and your midwife may be able to recommend some treatment or meds which may help you.

I suffered from ante-natal anxiety really badly and didn't seek help, which I regret.

I hope you feel better soon, OP. Depression is bloody awful at the best of times, let alone when you're pregnant.

onewaytraffic Fri 01-Dec-17 18:04:34

Thanks glitterandunicorns. I might go to my GP as I've only had the booking in appointment and didn't get assigned a specific midwife or anything yet.

We hadn't ever rowed like we did- he ended up shouting at me and really upset me, and ever since I feel like I've put up a wall. I think we are both very scared and stressed but I don't feel safe and secure like I used to.

Glitterandunicorns Sat 02-Dec-17 12:35:36

That sounds like a good idea, Onewaytraffic.

I'm sorry that you don't feel safe at the moment. There are organisations which can offer support if you're afraid for your safety, like Womensaid if it would help to speak to them. Do you have real life support other than your partner?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: