Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Six weeks pregnant and spotting red blood

(12 Posts)
Glitterandunicorns Fri 01-Dec-17 13:04:25

Afternoon ladies. I'm six weeks pregnant today. I've just gone to the toilet and when I wiped, there were red blood spots. I'm not in massive amounts of pain, but have a crampy pulling sort of feeling like I've had throughout my pregnancy so far.

I don't have a midwife yet as I need to be referred by my GP and I haven't even told my GP yet (appointment for that is Monday).

Can any of you wise ladies please tell me what I can or should do? I'm frightened and don't know what to do or even if there's anything I can do. Is it too early to contact the EPU?

TamsinInBed Fri 01-Dec-17 13:54:29

Hi, sorry you are having to worry about this, I just wanted to say I remember having some red blood spots too in the early weeks and it went away and all turned out fine do it could be nothing. I think bleeding in early pregnancy is quite common.

teaortequila23 Fri 01-Dec-17 14:06:23

Hey this happened to me at 6weeks I rang the Gp they got me to go to the hospital for a scan.
Baby was fine.
Then it happened again at 8weeks but she refused to scan me so she sent of swabs to see if I had a womb infection (came bacck fine) then she put it down to hormones.
I had my 12 week scan yday and there was baby.
It was a horrible 4weeks if worry but the bleeding/ spotting was coming and going.

Good luck

teaortequila23 Fri 01-Dec-17 14:07:47

Also epu won’t deal with you but emergency gyno unit is Who scanned me but they only see people based on referrals so get yourself and emergency appointment at the Gp now.

Glitterandunicorns Fri 01-Dec-17 15:01:43

Thank you. I've just managed to get an appointment with my GP and she's arranged for me to have a scan tonight. At least I'll know then one way or another.
Thanks again.

allchatnicknamesgone Fri 01-Dec-17 15:03:29

Depending on where you live, you can absolutely just walk into EPU. 6 weeks is not too early to be seen and you don't need to get referral from doctors. In fact you don't even need to see doctors to tell them you are pregnant anymore....you chose your hospital, download the form and send it to the email address and an appointment will come through. I'm talking about london.
Take care op. awful scare. fingers crossed but go to epu - check online. Don't sit around worrying. x

1stX Fri 01-Dec-17 15:04:16

Try not to stress. It’s really very common at this stage of pregnancy. There’s at least one similar post a week on these boards. I know how worrying it can be. I had it myself. Fingers crossed for you but I’m sure it’s fine x

Glitterandunicorns Sat 02-Dec-17 08:52:48

Thank you for your support ladies.

Unfortunately, a scan showed empty uterus but thickened lining. Later last night I had really bad cramps (like REALLY bad) and this morning I've lost blood including clots so I think it's fair to say that I'm miscarrying.

They took my blood last night at EPU and I've got an appointment for more blood tests tomorrow, but I'm going to phone the EPU at lunchtime today as I'm not sure it's worth more blood tests at this point.

RaeSkywalker Sat 02-Dec-17 08:57:34

So sorry to hear that glitter flowers

Glitterandunicorns Sat 02-Dec-17 09:00:53

Thanks @RaeSkywalker

teaortequila23 Mon 04-Dec-17 10:00:14

Aww bless you sorry to hear xxx get well soon flowers

TamsinInBed Wed 06-Dec-17 14:48:44

Sorry to hear that Glitter flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: