Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Vivid horrible dreams! Help :(

(10 Posts)
fairyxxwings Fri 01-Dec-17 03:01:03

Hi everyone!

So i have a 15 month old daughter, honestly like most mothers, i love my daughter to peices, my little rock and id obviously protect her with my life!

Im also 14 weeks pregnant, with this comes vivid nightmares! I knew i would as i did when i was pregnant with my LG. However its taken a turn for the worse! The worse possible nightmares i could possibly get.. im getting them!

Tonight ive been asleep and woken up to dreaming of us as a family being chased by zombies? (I know!) but she gets snatched and eaten infront of me and im left with a baby strapped on my front and i dont know weather to dive in and die with her or run and protect my other baby (the one im pregnant with) from harm.
Last night i dremt that we had to put her down and i was sobbing my heart out and was made to feel its the right choice? I woke up histerical!!!

I dont know what to do, im not sleeping! Or when i do i wake up crying and lay next to her cot and watch her sleep for 3 hours!

Is this normal? Is this an underlying fear of being a mother to two? Am i a terrible mother? I cant help what i dream about but its eating me up inside! I surely cant be the only one sad what do i do ladies? Xxx

beingsunny Fri 01-Dec-17 03:10:35

I had the same thing, it's usually my first pregnancy symptom!

Try 15 minutes meditation before bed to relax, not too much cheese or chocolate either grin

fairyxxwings Fri 01-Dec-17 03:18:50

Thankyou so much!!! Just that alone has helped! How do you meditate? Xx

Guineapiggiesmalls Fri 01-Dec-17 05:48:14

Same here, I have the most hideous vivid dreams and then really struggle to get back to sleep. Probably why I’m here at 5:45am...! Try YouTubing Andrew Johnson - he does a lot of relaxation videos that are really good (I’ve had them recommended to me by a few different people, and find they help).

Milliemoo37 Fri 01-Dec-17 06:15:03

I had horrible, horrible vivid dreams when I was pregnant with DS. Don't worry as they did t last long at all, I think I had about 3 really horrible ones at the beginning of my pregnancy, where I'd wake up screaming or panicking and it would really affect me.

beingsunny Sun 03-Dec-17 22:01:34

Sorry, I use guided meditation, opera and Deepak’s choirs do a 30 day program which is 15 mins a day which is great.
I will listen to it when I wake up early or pop out to the park at lunchtime

Loosemoose28 Sun 03-Dec-17 22:37:17

Are you planning to hypnobirth?

I am still having horrible nightmares at 20 weeks. I have started listening to some hypnobirthing scripts (Catherine Graves ones).

I think its helping. Still having weird dreams but nothing where I wanna wake up from or cry in my sleep. Many of them are miscarriage related and I have to go to the loo and check my knickers when I wake up to check for bleeding.

fairyxxwings Sun 03-Dec-17 23:20:08

Ive never heard of hypnobirthing hun! What is the actual definition of it? Im confused?
And that makes me sad for you! I get it sad ive had 7 miscarriages and i get frights even in the day! Its awful what our minds do to us! 😢
And thankyou also for the advice on the opras and things, il definitely look into it xxx

fairyxxwings Sun 03-Dec-17 23:20:48

And thankyou milliemoo! X

fairyxxwings Sun 03-Dec-17 23:21:30

Also thankyou guinea! Will try this out! Im taking all i can get! Xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: