Talk

Advanced search

Breech and so uncomfortable

(18 Posts)
Jonesylass Thu 30-Nov-17 13:58:50

Anyone else really uncomfortable due to a Breech baby? I’m 33 weeks now and he’s just not shifted yet confused

I just can’t breathe properly, sitting is painful as it feels like his head is under my ribs. Is there any way of making this better or making him turn? Is it likely he’ll turn yet?! My midwife mentioned CS last week briefly - something I’m petrified about!

thanks In advance smile

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 30-Nov-17 14:05:16

I'm in the exact same boat, I'm 36 weeks 5 days. Baby is breech found out on Monday! The rib thing is painful.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 30-Nov-17 14:06:13

Also mine mentioned c section too and I'm also terrified!

Jonesylass Thu 30-Nov-17 14:07:19

Glad to know I’m not the only one ! Did they mention having a C section to you too or do they think there’s still time to turn?

Jonesylass Thu 30-Nov-17 14:09:20

Oops Just seen your reply! Unless I’m lying or standing I’m in a lot of pain and my bumps not that big yet sad hopefully this time goes fast for us both!

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 30-Nov-17 14:10:14

I'm seeing the midwife on Tuesday too see if he's turned and if not I've to go for a scan. Yeah she mentioned a c section to me. I'm due on 3 weeks on Saturday

SilverLinings2014 Thu 30-Nov-17 14:10:15

I was the same until around 34 weeks so really feel for you both. A babies head under your ribs is agony and was also worried it would mean c section.
Luckily by my 34 week scan he’d turned. And this was after my consultant saying he probably wouldn’t because i have half a womb and they thought he wouldn’t have the room. But he managed it and I didn’t even notice it happen.

I hope your babies decide to turn as well. good luck

LumpySpaceCow Thu 30-Nov-17 15:14:37

I'm 39 weeks with my 3rd breech baby so feel your discomfort! Check out the spinning babies website but nothing has ever worked for me - although most babies are head down by 37 weeks!

Anitamw Thu 30-Nov-17 17:02:22

I'm 37+3 and baby is breech. The top of my bump really hurts. Apparently this is because its where his head is alot of the time. I seen consultant tomorrow to discuss options for birth. Orginally I was offered an ECV but due to symptoms of preeclampsia being present in blood tests & urine (without high bloodpressure)I am now unable to have Ecv. At first c section scared me but now i just want baby to be born the safest and quickest way.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 30-Nov-17 17:23:55

As much as a section scares me, if it's the safest way to bring my boy into the world that's all that matters

Jonesylass Thu 30-Nov-17 17:32:03

They said he may be difficult to turn as I’m petite and previously had strong stomach muscles confused, he’s also growing small but hasn’t budged so musnt have that much room in there blush

As you said, If a section is the best way I’m happy enough with that, I’d rather just know so I can prepare myself for one! Our babies will have to come out somehow!

zzzzz Thu 30-Nov-17 17:35:59

Do they not turn them during labour anymore?

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 30-Nov-17 18:04:52

@jonesylass mine is wriggling around in there like mad! I agree, Atleast if you know you can prepare for it. Hope you little one turns for you. Mine had been head down for 5 weeks as well. Little monkey!

Linzerelli13 Thu 30-Nov-17 18:15:08

DD was breech but we didnt know until i was already in labour. This baby was breech at 34 weeks, but has turned. I tried all sorts.
Bag of frozen peas on top of your bump in a warm bath. They're supposed to turn away from the cold.
Breech tilt exercise from spinning babies website- I laid upside down on my ironing board for 20 mins a day for 2 weeks.
Spending lots of time on your hands and knees with your bum in the air.
Fingers crossed baby will turn for you. I found sitting leaning forward on my ball was comfy with my DD which eased the pain in my ribs

Jonesylass Thu 30-Nov-17 18:34:00

Mines also wriggly but doesn’t change position. I get kicks and punches day and night to my cervix blush

I’m going to practise those exercises now ! Anything is worth a go!

LumpySpaceCow Thu 30-Nov-17 19:56:11

zzzz they can try to turn them before labour (ECV) but this often doesn't work or they turn back.

zzzzz Thu 30-Nov-17 20:17:29

Mine was turned during labour. It was an ...unusual sensation.

mrssmith1415 Thu 30-Nov-17 20:27:25

I didn’t know my daughter was breech until 35 weeks and then they gave me my section date when I was around 37 weeks. But they said if she turned at all they would cancel the section!
I was always in a lot of pain at the top of my bump and ribs so came to the conclusion that that must be the reason but I’m 17 weeks with #2 and feeling similar pain so maybe it’s just the way my body is when pregnant.
Hope it eases for you soon! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now