Talk

Advanced search

Just been for bloods taking and nurse annoyed me

(10 Posts)
Sarah1087 Thu 30-Nov-17 09:33:16

I know she didn't mean anything by it

But she was asking show I've been feeling and I said fine apart from not having constant breast pain. And me generally being a worried person.
She misheard me and said that was like me I had constant breast pain with my daughter and before that I had a misscarriage at 13 weeks pregnant.

Like yes I'm sorry and I know you are never out of the woods.. But what the actual f#ck I had just told her how worried I am being and she says that.

Scan this week showed healthy heart beat
But now told my partner I want a private one now just to reassure me again.

CL1982 Thu 30-Nov-17 10:15:12

Oh wow. I think you should complain about that. If I were that nurse's manager I'd want to do some more training with her 😯 Really worth reporting even if name no names...

Foggymist Thu 30-Nov-17 10:46:51

Do you mean you have constant breast pain or is that correcr that you were complaining you don't have constant breast pain? Constant breast pain isn't a given in pregnancy? I think she was just making conversation and if you were saying you wish you had constant pain I'm confused so I can see how she would be!

spugzbunny Thu 30-Nov-17 13:35:56

To me it just sounds like she was sympathising with you for being worried because she was as well after having a miscarriage?

JoJoSM2 Thu 30-Nov-17 13:52:18

It's a bit TMI given she's at work but I'm not sure why you're outraged?

ForeverHopeful21 Thu 30-Nov-17 16:21:46

I understand that hearing those things can be scary. I had a similar situation after my miscarriage when a nurse said "I had 5 miscarriages before I had my son" .....in that moment her words definitely didn't help and only made me feel worse! However, people in these professions try and relate to their patients and form a connection - maybe she didn't do this in a very good way, but as you say, she won't have meant any harm by it.
Just because someone else had a miscarriage at 13 weeks doesn't mean that you will. Congratulations on your scan this week xx

Sarah1087 Thu 30-Nov-17 16:31:06

I never said I was outraged lol I've mc before myself to then told I'm u fertile so it does make it all a little more worrisome for me.
She was a lovely lady but I did find that slightly unprofessional to say to a patient who's just told her she's worrying all the time.
I wouldn't report her as I wouldn't want any problems for her In her work. I just don't think people think before opening their mouth most of the time. X

Sarah1087 Thu 30-Nov-17 16:31:21

Infertile**

Mrstobe90 Thu 30-Nov-17 23:46:28

I had something similar where I was worried and a woman told me that she’d miscarried when she was a few weeks ahead of me. I really felt for her but I didn’t think it was kind of a stupid thing to say to an already anxious pregnant woman.
I’d write it off as a poorly timed comment and focus on trying to keep calm and healthy for the sake of yourself and your little one xx

Mrstobe90 Thu 30-Nov-17 23:46:45

*I did think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now