Talk

Advanced search

To any ladies with breast implants!

(11 Posts)
mrssmith1415 Wed 29-Nov-17 22:40:47

Sorry if this seems like a shallow post but I’m really struggling to find information
I am 17 weeks with DC2, already have a 2.5 yo DD. I had over the muscle round implants in June 2016 after having my daughter. At first they were an E but then settled to a DD which I’d been wearing up until now but I feel like they’re verging more on an E cup now. I’m finding it so hard to find maternity bras or even sports bras in the right size for a reasonable price as I have no doubt I’ll be buying bigger ones again soon! Does anyone have any suggestions?
Also for anybody with implants who has had children, have they changed a lot after birth and has breastfeeding had an effect? Ideally I would like to breastfeed for the first 6 weeks or so but have an open mind about this as I wasn’t able to feed my daughter so know it may not happen
Thanks in advance! Xx

AKP79 Thu 30-Nov-17 10:30:48

You need to get a proper bra fitting. I have implants and I'm a trained bra fitter, and places like Bravissimo can fit you very successfully over the phone, by email or in person. Don't go anywhere that uses a tape measure to fit you, you wouldn't measure the volume of liquid in a vase with a tape measure (M&S etc) and boobs are the same - they come in all different shapes.

Another good place to ask questions is a Facebook page called Boob or Bust. They will bra fit you on there.

In terms of breast feeding, unless your nipple has been re-positioned it is possible. My DC was gravely ill when born, so I wasn't able to, but my milk came in and I was able to express.

Sunshinesaz86 Thu 30-Nov-17 10:49:32

I have implants and have also struggled with getting bras to fit so thanks AKP I may look into those too.

I never breastfed so can't advise but did read it shouldn't affect you as long as nipple wasn't repositioned.

Since having DS they are a bit bigger but if anything look a little more natural (not as pert basically).

mrssmith1415 Thu 30-Nov-17 11:24:00

Thank you both I had no idea you could be measured online! I will do that right now!
No repositioning so I’m fine in that way and my surgeon said it would be possible so will have to see what happens.

mrssmith1415 Thu 30-Nov-17 11:24:27

How long did you breastfeed for if you don’t mind me asking? X

AKP79 Thu 30-Nov-17 11:29:59

Let us know how you get on smile

My son was born with meningitis and I was very ill from the birth, so breast feeding was very difficult. I expressed and then went on to breast feed him, but he wasn't putting on weight quickly enough so I only continued for about 5 months. I think the issues were more mental because of the stress we'd been through, I totally believe that had it been a different circumstance that we would have had more success and continued for longer.

Jujaya Thu 30-Nov-17 13:47:26

I have implants and breastfed 2 children..first for 9 months and the second for 6 months. I had mastitis with the 2nd which made me very ill which is why I gave up. No problems with feeding and they looked pretty much the same after. I am now 15 weeks pregnant again so will plan to breastfeed and see how I get on.

mrssmith1415 Thu 30-Nov-17 20:00:57

Thank you everybody this gives me a lot of reassurance!

akp79 5 months is absolutely incredible! I hope your son is ok now, I can’t imagine how difficult that must have been. I completely underestimated the recovery from my c section and was given zero support in hospital to even get out of bed let alone breastfeed so I didn’t even make 24 hours but Im hoping that things go differently this time and as long as I don’t have a c section I plan to try again.

didsomeonesaywine Thu 30-Nov-17 20:10:52

I’m interested in responses to your post as I have implants too (under muscle though) and wonder how it will impact feeding etc

I’m not sure of your general dress size but I’ve found Matalan crop top bras a god send as I was losing the will to bra shop any longer! I’m normally 32dd now prob an e/f at 35 weeks I find a medium is perfect for support and comfort. They also have a small amount of removable padding so no nipple showage!
www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/s2601735/padded-lace-crop-top
At £6 I got three to last me.
Not sure how useful they will be for breastfeeding but they’re nice and flexible so should be ok.

mrssmith1415 Thu 30-Nov-17 20:39:33

Didsomeonesaywine - perfect thank you that’s the sort of thing I was looking for! I wear those sort to bed since having my op but my current ones are getting too small and don’t go any bigger so I’ll look at those! Xx

MulderitsmeX Sat 02-Dec-17 20:19:58

M and S have good maternity bras in large cup/small back bras. Debenhams have good non wired ones also.

Ive got over muscle implants, I think bf should be fine but don't want to pump as I'm worried about popping them!

So tricky working out what size to get though, ive got crop top style bras as others felt a bit "squashy"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now