Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

10 weeks to go..

(8 Posts)
Rebekah120517 Wed 29-Nov-17 20:29:51

Hi..

I’m 30 weeks and feel like it has gone by in a blink of an eye! What would you recommend I do in the last 10 weeks of pregnancy to get organised?

We’ve pretty much finished the nursery and I’m starting to pack the hospital bag.

Thanks

Anna2006 Wed 29-Nov-17 22:25:47

I also have just under 10 weeks to go! Sounds like you are very organised. Our nursery furniture is up but I have to accessorise and wash all bedding an clothes to sort the drawers etc. Also no hospital bags packed or even a list written yet of what I need.

Still people have suggested to me:

Sleep as much as you can
Go out with your partner for meals,cinema etc
Have a relaxing peaceful bath
Sleep some more

Anything that we may take for granted.

Once Christmas is here it will fly by I think! 😱🙈

MsP0b Fri 01-Dec-17 17:26:31

You two are very organised. I have 11 weeks to go. We are moving house before Christmas, having Christmas Day at our new house, and my school is due Ofsted before Christmas as well!
Aargh!

On the plus side, we have got most baby stuff given or bought except new cot mattress. I've started a hospital bag.

This will all be fine.....

Threeislikeaprisonsentance Fri 01-Dec-17 17:32:00

8 weeks to go for me! No nursery or hospital bag sorted yet blush

My main aim before Christmas is to get a chest of drawers and start sorting through clothes and move all of the boxes of baby bits where they are actually supposed to go!

Timeforanamochango Fri 01-Dec-17 17:35:12

This is number 2 though, in my defence I was fully sorted by this stage with DD1!

I found it really useful at this stage before to read instructions on how things work, the steriliser, breast pump, bouncer, perfect prep etc as in the newborn haze the last thing you want is a full on meltdown because you can’t get things to work this May have happened a few times

Penguin27 Fri 01-Dec-17 17:39:11

6 weeks to go and I'm not organised at all! Nursery furniture won't even be ordered for another 2 weeks... I've sort of packed a hospital bag confused FTM and full of anxiety so I really should get my house in order - literally! grin

GlitteryFluff Fri 01-Dec-17 17:43:51

About 5 weeks to go with dc2 (having a section).

I haven't packed hospital bag, nor do I have a list of stuff to pack yet.

Haven't washed any clothes/blankets/bedding yet.

Furniture isn't put together yet.

I want to get DS's room painted before this baby comes as they will share when baby is old enough and don't want to have to do that with two dcs. Haven't started that yet.

Haven't organised baby stuff, unpackaged stuff, nothing has a home yet.

Yet somehow I don't feel panicked yet!

MummyBearToOne1988 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:43:27

35+4 with DC2. I've done hospital bags, baby stuff is unpacked, washed, ironed, built etc. I've decluttered the whole house, cleaned everything in sight... currently my tasks over the next week are to batch cook a load of dinners for baby's arrival and wrap the Christmas pressies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: