Talk

Advanced search

Pain around belly button... worried!

(6 Posts)
HAGI12 Wed 29-Nov-17 17:21:05

hey, hoping someone can help😬
I’m nearly 16 weeks and just experienced the weirdest pain around the right side of my belly button. When I went to the toilet, I let out a lot of gas (sorry tmi I know) when I stood up I had a shooty Pinchy sharp pain on the right side next to my belly button. It was something I’ve never experienced. It only lasted about 20 secs. When I stand up my side feels tight and when I prod it, it hurts. This isn’t like the normal growing pain I’ve experienced and it’s higher up (inline with belly button and slightly below)
Should I be worried? What would you ladies do?

jellypi3 Wed 29-Nov-17 21:01:47

Sounds like round ligament pain to me but if you are worried call your MW

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 29-Nov-17 22:16:19

It sounds ligament pain to me, I had this happen when I stood up it was painful but called up hospital anyway she said it sounded like ligament pAin and it never happened again.

mindutopia Thu 30-Nov-17 09:33:00

I would imagine it's probably just gas pains. I get them quite badly when pregnant and your intestine runs right at belly button level. Alternatively, it could be just stretching pains with the muscles straining as your uterus is expanding, though it might still be high for that. Round ligament pains tend to be low and on both sides closer to the hip bones. If it's fleeting though, probably just one of those things, but I would guess it's just gas.

CL1982 Thu 30-Nov-17 10:16:52

Hey OP-I had similar around then. It continued to about 23 weeks but moved to the left side (went into hospital about it as it got so sore) and it's gone now. I THINK it was my internal organs having a jolly food grumble about having to move around as the uterus moved upward. Please however, get it checked if you're worried....

yasmin05 Thu 30-Nov-17 10:25:42

Could be several things like gas pain or ligament. Phone your mw of dr and have it checked to be sure. If it's not something to be worried about it shouldn't last for a couple of days and should be gone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now