Talk

Advanced search

Am I def Pregnant?

(19 Posts)
Sanger Tue 28-Nov-17 16:41:08

Ok so my period is very late by 4 days (Sunday evening just gone) so I did a cb pregnancy test and it said pregnant 1-2 weeks! However it expired in 2014!! So I thought I would use the other one anyway yesterday morning to check and it stated the same thing. Went to doctors today got the ball rolling and I am 5 weeks as she dated it, gave me a flu jab. Just as it feels so surreal (trying for a very long time) I did another cb in date test after I left the doctors just to make sure (just this afternoon) and it says not pregnant! I am really now worrying has anyone experienced this before?

piglet81 Tue 28-Nov-17 16:45:19

The hormones in your urine are more concentrated in the morning, so a test done then will be more reliable. Hope it all works out for you.

Sanger Tue 28-Nov-17 16:52:41

Thank you so much! I was thinking that, have drank a lot today and also didn’t know if the flu vaccine would have anything to do with it and then started worrying it was because I had used an out of date pregnancy test but surely you would get more of a negative result than 2 positives both saying the same thing.

thingymaboob Tue 28-Nov-17 17:31:28

Those digital tests are absolute crap. Get a pink dye first response so you'll definitely know either way

JoJoSM2 Tue 28-Nov-17 17:33:44

The flu jab won't have changed anything. Just test with first morning urine + pee in a cup and use a decent test that is in date.

Kidd10 Tue 28-Nov-17 17:37:22

Ok perfect yeah I think I will pee in a cup and then I can then just dip the stick in for 5 seconds then so there is no risk of flooding the rest etc and use my first urine of the day.

I will also get a first response too chemist down the road from me so will do that one too just to make sure maybe the next morning (on Thursday)

SilverUnicorn Tue 28-Nov-17 17:42:40

You’ll definitely be pregnant as you can’t get a false positive.

Buy another test and is it first thing in the morning, just for piece of mind. Don’t be surprised if the line is very faint/hardly visible at all as they tend to be most of the time.

Congratulations!

Kidd10 Tue 28-Nov-17 17:59:46

That's what I am hoping just doubting because the tests had expired. But then also read that lots of other ladies have used them even more years out of date. Should have got the Dr to do a test aswell or at least tell her they were out of date I suppose for peace of mind.

I have the other cb digital which is in date (which was in the pack from this afternoon) and I am going to do this first thing in the morning with my FMU. Fingers crossed this tells me the same pregnant 1-2 weeks as the out of date ones or even longer!

Kidd10 Tue 28-Nov-17 18:00:15

Thank you I will keep you updated!! Fingers and everything is crossed!

Kidd10 Wed 29-Nov-17 08:16:08

Ok so this morning took the in date cb and it states not pregnant! I'm so confused now! Thinking I am just going to leave it now. Period is late had 2 tests earlier in the week that said pregnant 1-2 weeks (yes they had expired) so I may buy a first response or I just wait until at least the weekend and then do it. 

TheHodgeoftheHedge Wed 29-Nov-17 08:18:22

OP just wanted to let you know you've had a name change fail
Good luck with your next test

Kidd10 Wed 29-Nov-17 08:37:59

Hello name change fail what does this mean? And OP? Sorry not down with all the abbreviations yet

QueenAravisOfArchenland Wed 29-Nov-17 09:18:57

Unfortunately if you've had early/slight positives that changed to negatives, it may have been a chemical pregnancy i.e. a very early loss.

The only real way to know is to wait a few days and test again.

Kidd10 Wed 29-Nov-17 09:20:58

Oh my god I really hope this isn't the case! The cb tests clearly stated pregnant 1-2 weeks one in the evening and the other one following morning. Just they were out of date. Still no period yet, so going to hang fire and try and relax until the weekend and then take another one or go and see docs again.

TheHodgeoftheHedge Wed 29-Nov-17 09:58:53

Sorry, OP means Original Poster (yourself). And your user name has changed from the first couple of posts. I wanted to warn you in case you had deliberately name changed to post on here because you didn't want to reveal who you were.

Kidd10 Wed 29-Nov-17 10:37:33

Oh I see that's ok thank you!! Appreciate you telling me

Kidd10 Thu 30-Nov-17 13:47:17

Just to update confirmed today (just awaiting that final phone call) that I have had a failing pregnancy as they called it. Brought pregnacare vitamins incl B12 and folic acid so trying to stay positive and thinking of the next one.

InappropriateUsername Thu 30-Nov-17 17:17:51

Sorry @Kidd10. Staying positive is right, hope it happens for you soon

Kidd10 Thu 30-Nov-17 19:34:49

Thank you @InappropriateUsername

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now