Talk

Advanced search

Morning sickness while trying to hide pregnancy

(10 Posts)
Kitcat159 Tue 28-Nov-17 14:30:51

Hey everyone
Looking for some advise please....
I'm currently 7 weeks with my first and I am feeling terrible at the moment. I'm dizzy, very very nauseous -not been sick yet but very close (I have a phobia of vomiting so will avoid whenever possible)
I have not told anyone apart from DH so feeling like this while at work in a stuffy office with bright lights above me is making things difficult.
I have a scan in 3 days as I have been having pains in my side.

Any words of advise on how to get through the day so I can go home and go to bed??

Currently munching on ginger biscuits (gross) peppermint tea, extra strong mints and butter mints.
Everything seems to make me retch.

I don't get paid for sick leave either so I can't go home. Also it's not exactly a one off thing lol.

TIA!
Kit

Dorabean Tue 28-Nov-17 14:37:03

I used to try and eat dry cereal or a plain cereal bar. Dried fruit was quite good for me too! Drink plenty!

EastDulwichWife Tue 28-Nov-17 15:41:33

I would tell your boss. No harm in doing so, and they can't make provisions for you if they don't know. I told mine at 8 weeks and it was a blessing. More WFH, starting later in the day to avoid rush hour etc.

Kitcat159 Tue 28-Nov-17 16:02:10

We are going to tell family over Christmas and then tell work in January.
I'm desperate to tell my mum but don't want to just incase.
Would feel really guilty if I told work before my mum.

OutThereToo Tue 28-Nov-17 16:12:45

Phobia of being sick here too, I went to my GP and asked for some anti-sickness meds, he gave me two types. I never took them, but knowing I had them in my handbag really helped.

Eat little and often. Sleep as much as you can. Stay hydrated. Eat whatever appeals. For me it was ice lollies. Keep food and water on you.

If the nausea is debilitating, your GP may recommend meds anyway.

Leviticus Tue 28-Nov-17 16:15:45

There's no way I could have hidden my morning sickness. I didn't keep my pregnancies secret from work or family, but I understand it's very common to. I think waiting for 12 weeks has become the expected thing but it's not the law. Why make life hard for yourself?

Fakingit36 Fri 01-Dec-17 02:24:05

Agree with last poster. I am about the same stage as you and struggling. I told a couple of colleagues and they have been great. And I don’t feel bad , frankly, leaving a tad earlier than usual.

ICanNeverThinkOfAGoodUsrname Fri 01-Dec-17 05:54:02

When you're off sick with a pregnancy related sickness it's different to 'normal' sickness so you might get paid for it. Either way, I'd tell work so they're aware but tell them to keep the new confidential.

BeerBaby Fri 01-Dec-17 06:00:11

I had to tell people. I ended up with severe morning sickness (HG). You might get anti sickness tablets but they try not to give you anything.

Eat little and often. Get lots of rest. I would have to go to bed at 6 evernight otherwise I was ill all night. Give yourself extra time in the morning.

Sip iced water and keep your blood sugar level. I ended up with a bottle of lucozade and made it last all day.

I found green apples with lemon juice good.

Snipples Fri 01-Dec-17 06:09:02

I had terrible sickness and HG and was hospitalized twice so had to tell Work. I'm not telling my parents until Christmas as I want to tell them in person (we live abroad). Just don't tell your mum that Work knew first. It can't be helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now