Talk

Advanced search

Insomnia. I can't get no sleep

(10 Posts)
tinymeteor Fri 24-Nov-17 05:18:30

I'm only bloody 5 months pregnant but already a grumpy sleepless whale. Been awake since 3.30 playing pillow jenga with approximately 65 cushions and still can't get comfy. Contemplating using one of them to smother DH to stop him fucking snoring.

Aaaaargh

Owl1011 Fri 24-Nov-17 05:22:01

I feel your pain! sad

Lozmatoz Fri 24-Nov-17 05:39:36

Get up! Eat something, have a drink, sit with low lights then try again. It’s the only thing that Works for me.

Pennywhistle Fri 24-Nov-17 05:51:57

You poor soul. flowers

I had a dream genii pillow which was fab )I have twins and I was huge.

However if I couldn’t sleep I found it much better to get up. Sit on the sofa reading a book (not a screen) with a cup of milky tea. I’d go back to bed when I felt sleepy or when the babies stopped kicking- mich less frustrating than lying their all grumpy.

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Fri 24-Nov-17 06:02:22

I'm 7 months and just woke up from a horrible nightmare with baby kicking, a crashing headache, heartburn and agonising pelvic pain. Nightmare was about my waters going early but with more Alien-like aspects!

Now sitting in the spare room with a hot chocolate and trying to calm down! Totally agree that sometimes the only thing to do is get up a 're-set'.

Hope you get back to sleep OP!

tinymeteor Fri 24-Nov-17 06:02:41

I give up. I'm working. May as well get something done on my thesis (which is probably also contributing to the sleepless nights).

tinymeteor Fri 24-Nov-17 06:11:06

You too Lorelai! That sounds grim

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Fri 24-Nov-17 06:13:20

I've got a lot of work to do today too and am wondering about just starting! Wonder if I'm feeling so awful because of underlying stress about getting everything done! What's your thesis on?

tinymeteor Fri 24-Nov-17 06:21:56

Economic policy. I'm in the final few weeks. Nothing like an impending baby to get you focused on your deadlines...

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Fri 24-Nov-17 06:28:45

I've been working crazy hours this week and not really focusing on the whole baby thing so much - am a lawyer and have mostly be able to work from home. But 12 hour days...probably why I'm feeling a bit strung out! Still, nearly the weekend! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now