Talk

Advanced search

Are the pregnancy tests wrong? could i be pregnant??? Advice please x

(18 Posts)
rgirl Tue 21-Nov-17 03:31:48

So.. a good few days ago i took a pregnancy test at first morning wee, a clearly visible positive line.(but did look at it after the stated time so could be an evap line). Took another later that day, this time a faint but again visible line (looked at in the time frame this time). Took 2 more the following day first one again with faint but visible line and 2nd one very very veryyyyy faint but could still see a line. Took a clear blue digital and said not pregnant, but that was in the evening not at first morning wee. Im confused? just took it as i wasnt pregnant but still feeling symptoms not that iknow what they are as i have no kids and coming 20 but i know somethings different. adviceee pleasee xx

Bobbiepin Tue 21-Nov-17 03:39:35

False positives are far less common than false negatives. FMU will give you a more accurate test result so I would imagine that if you have a positive test in the morning then you are pregnant. Take another test in the morning and call your GP to confirm if you need to. Might be worth collecting your FMU in a pot so you can use multiple tests from the same sample. Good luck!

NewIdeasToday Tue 21-Nov-17 03:41:35

Why are you taking so many tests?

Why not wait till the right time of the month, but a reliable test and follow all the instructions to the letter (eg. If it says first thing in the morning).

You might just need to be patient.

Hope you get the outcome you want.

rgirl Tue 21-Nov-17 13:16:26

I cant wait till the time of the month because due to being on the implant i didnt have them for the first year and a half now sometimes i have them sometimes i dont they are all over the place so i literally never know when i am due to come on my period if i do have one. and i took another test just now first morning pee only a spare one i had not CB and that doesnt show anything. but my sister told me that having the implant can make the test appear negative when infact you could be pregnant so maybe i should book in with doctor for blood test instead??

PotteringAlong Tue 21-Nov-17 13:18:03

You've had 4 positive pregnancy tests. I'd say you're pregnant.

Lostflipflop Tue 21-Nov-17 13:18:24

Do you still have the implant in? In which case it would be unlikely you are pregnant

rgirl Tue 21-Nov-17 13:19:48

yes still have the implant in. thats what i thought but my nan also got pregnant on the implant with my aunt x

BabyOrSanta Tue 21-Nov-17 13:23:13

That would possibly have been a completely different implant.

The ones used these days are usually very reliable...

Linzilou1985 Tue 21-Nov-17 13:26:28

Oh god I’ve got the implant! How long have you had it for?

Definitely sounds like you’re pregnant! The clear blue digital tests aren’t as sensitive as some other tests

rgirl Tue 21-Nov-17 13:28:32

I also thought that too as im due to have it out april coming and ive had pregnancy scares few times throughout the years ive had it but not been pregnant, but all the other times i never once got any positives and took same tests, this time had 4 positives and feel completely different to what i usually do, so scared me abit..

rgirl Tue 21-Nov-17 13:29:51

linzi ive had it for coming up to 3 years april, thats when i have it out xx

Linzilou1985 Tue 21-Nov-17 14:21:42

It should still be working to full capacity then. How do you feel about being pregnant?

Twickerhun Tue 21-Nov-17 14:26:23

Clear blue tests are no where near as sensitive as other tests like first response FRER tests. So you may get a false negative with them.
Testagain following instructions on a sensitive test to the letter.
See your doctor if you are unsure.

rgirl Tue 21-Nov-17 14:41:25

yes think im gonna see doctor just to put my mind at ease as i had more positives than negatives. and linzi i dont mind either way, i would be really happy if i was, but wouldnt mind too much if im not would just be slightly gutted as would most people haha, but it’s definitely not planned! x

RosieCotton Tue 21-Nov-17 19:27:48

It's possible for the implant to fail. I managed to sick all the hormone out in 27 months I would definitely got to the doctor to get checked out. X

rgirl Wed 22-Nov-17 01:20:40

yes i think im going to ring them tomorrow when i get chance, thank you all for advice i doubt i am but its just strange all the positives i got when im on the implant and never had positives before whilst on implant. will keep you updated thank you again xx

Teetee25 Wed 22-Nov-17 10:22:08

Hi girls! I’m only 17 at the moment but I think I may be pregnant? I’ve been getting pains in my stomach I’ve never had before and had one morning where I was feeling quite sick on and off for about 3 hours. I’ve taken a test and it shown negative, I conceived about a week ago and I’m due on my period on the 28th, but I really need advice on what you guys think? I also bled last night for about an hour really lightly then it stopped? Any help?

CL1982 Wed 22-Nov-17 11:07:15

@rgirl can i recommend you do a FRER tomorrow morning? They are the best tests on the market and they are great whether you're taking it early or late.

@teetee25 ok, slow down. You need to give it a good 10 days before much will register on a pregnancy test or test around the date of your missed period. Nothing would come up if you're not due for 6 days.

I would do a test on or around the 26th using first morning urine (pee in a cup and then dip it for the number of seconds it tells you to on the test instructions) and make sure you use a FRER test (first response) as it should give you an accurate response even a little early.

Do you want to be pregnant chick? Have you had unprotected sex and (sorry to mention it) but do you need to go and have an STD test if you have had unprotected sex? It's something to think about whatever the results of the test....?

It's highly unlikely you'd be feeling sick now and unfortunately pregnancy symptoms and usual pre-period symptoms are very similar. Unfortunately at 17 my periods were still all over the shop (saying that you may be lucky and already be like clockwork!) so it might just be a small bleed but just in case make sure you do that test. Let us know the result.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now