Talk

Advanced search

Back pain 6 weeks pregnant - worried

(11 Posts)
AKP79 Mon 20-Nov-17 21:59:56

I have had 2 mmcs prior to this pregnancy so anxiety is at a high.

Today I have started to get back pain. It’s on my right side low down where my back meets my buttock. I have recently recovered from a slipped disc so I have a weak back, but it’s a different pain to my disc pain. It’s definitely not a cramping pain though and I just got stuck in lifting some washing off the best (possible muscle spasm).

Could this be a sign that I’m going to miscarry again? Or would the pain be more like cramps?

I only feel the pain when standing/walking. Anxiety is through the roof!

AKP79 Mon 20-Nov-17 22:00:37

*stuck lifting some washing off the bed!

Wolfiefan Mon 20-Nov-17 22:02:00

Could it be sciatica?

AKP79 Mon 20-Nov-17 22:05:07

It’s possible, not sure if it’s in my buttock enough for it. But it’s possible it’s nerve related.

AKP79 Mon 20-Nov-17 22:07:17

Because both my miscarriages were missed. I have no pain reference point. First miscarriage was induced chemically and the second was at 13 weeks but it happened just like my labour with my 6 year old DS. Waters broke and then two hours of contractions before passing the fetus.

butterflycatcher Mon 20-Nov-17 22:14:30

I had pretty bad lower back pain around this time to the point where it was making me feel queasy. It was sort of a dull and constant throbbing, not quite the same as the pain you get when you've been sitting badly at a desk all day if you know what I mean. It was gone about a week or so later though. I'm now 10 weeks and all good. Fingers crossed that everything is okay for you.

AKP79 Mon 20-Nov-17 22:30:26

Thank you. Im laying in bed at the moment and it hurts when I get out for the loo. I’ve also noticed I’m walking strangely to compensate for the pain. So maybe it’s more back pain that pregnancy related... manically checking for blood when I visit the loo though!

Sharl2017 Mon 20-Nov-17 22:40:20

I rang the midwife about my backache that I had had for a few weeks and she said it was normal... of course I didn't believe her and went to my doctors... who also confirmed it was normal even though it doesn't feel normal I feel better 2 professionals have reassured me. Maybe call your midwife and explain the feeling and see if they're worried or not?

Wolfiefan Mon 20-Nov-17 22:45:56

Really hoping it is back pain. (No I wouldn't normally wish for that!) I had a mmc too. It's horrid. Do get to GP or speak to mw if it persists. And good luck.

Hawkmoth Mon 20-Nov-17 22:48:40

Pregnancy hormones can loosen off your pelvic joints, including in your back. I've had PGP in all my four pregnancies and early back pain was an indicator.

Good luck.

Brenna24 Mon 20-Nov-17 22:57:23

Hiya. I have had a mmc and 2 mc. None of mine have started after asymmetric back pain like that. All have started off with fierce, period like cramps. I would say always speak to your midwife or EPC if you are worried though. That is what they are there for.

We have a thread for people who are pregnant after miscarriage (Staying posifrickentific). Feel free to join us on there if you want to feel less alone in being anxious. And congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope this is the lucky one for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now