Talk

Advanced search

Maternity clothes

(17 Posts)
NerNerNerNerBATMAN Mon 20-Nov-17 10:38:21

Hi all

I'm 14wks pg and just needing to fully embrace maternity clothes. Problem is that I can't find anything that I like that's a reasonable price.

I've tried:
eBay
Top shop
New look
Asos
Seraphine
Isabella Oliver (i need a party frock for a posh wedding)
Jojo
H&M

Is there anywhere I'm missing???

Any corner of the internet I may have over looked?

I've got the basics but would be good to have a couple of nicer things to wear for the next 6+ months.

NerNerNerNerBATMAN Mon 20-Nov-17 10:39:04

Oh I should have added mothercare, M&S and mamas and papas to that list!!!

pastabest Mon 20-Nov-17 10:41:09

Dorothy Perkins
Matalan
Next

But yes most maternity clothes are horrid.

I just bought maternity jeans and leggings and made my normal tops and jumpers stretch!

NerNerNerNerBATMAN Mon 20-Nov-17 12:03:42

Thanks! I hadn't tried those three. Will have a look now.

ambereeree Mon 20-Nov-17 14:25:17

Mothercare is awful

Hmmalittlefishy Mon 20-Nov-17 14:26:52

Are you on Facebook? There is a preloved maternity and nursing clothes group with a huge array of sizes, styles etc

user1493413286 Mon 20-Nov-17 14:28:07

Asda is something like £12 a pair of jeans which I thought was pretty good and I got a couple of t shirts from H&M in a 2 for £8 deal. I also found a couple of nicer tops for going out from H&M for about £15.
I bought a few t shirts from primark for about £3 each and wore them with a nice normal cardigan

ICanNeverThinkOfAGoodUsrname Mon 20-Nov-17 14:32:57

Boohoo.com are very reasonable and have nice bits.

Bisquick Mon 20-Nov-17 14:34:38

Did you not fancy the ASOS stuff? I’ve lived in their dresses for 2 pregnancies. I bought jeans from Jessica simpson’s label in the US (which isn’t super helpful I know) and a bunch of plain black maternity tees from ASOS accessorised with various scarves.
But mostly in ASOS dresses and leggings from next.

Chipsahoy Mon 20-Nov-17 21:28:42

I'm 16 weeks and have a bump. I'm just wearing usual leggings, a size up in black jeggings. Lots of long tops or dresses, particularly ones that tie at the back and tights.
Not a big fan of maternity wear. Stretchy jersey dresses work well as you get bigger.

Iwantaunicorn Mon 20-Nov-17 21:53:57

Debenhams (red herring) for tops
Next for jeans
Asos dresses
BooHoo dresses and coat

welshweasel Mon 20-Nov-17 21:57:30

Most of mine came from gap.

HonestOtter Tue 21-Nov-17 12:26:05

Peacocks has some nice bits

Sunshinegirl82 Tue 21-Nov-17 12:37:42

Tiffany Rose for the posh frock although not super cheap. You can quite often pick bits up second hand on eBay.

Loosemoose28 Tue 21-Nov-17 22:15:53

Im 19'weeks and have accepted maternity clothes now.

Lucky as a few friends have given me bits and I bought some seraphime jeans on ebay for £7.

I can still fit in my size bigger jeggings and leggings though from ASDA. Not the most flattering things but I am dressed comfortably hmm

Firstchild7 Tue 21-Nov-17 22:24:50

I got most of mine second hand off ebay as I wanted over bump jeans and most shops had under. Asda have quite a cheep range. Tbh I have mostly brought primark tops in big sizes and asda tops in a big size. And got some black trackies off sports direct

ScotsLamb Tue 21-Nov-17 23:02:46

Katie Piper has a range of maternity wear online which is gorgeous. The dresses for formal wear are beautiful and very reasonable. £25ish for a nice going out dress

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now