Talk

Advanced search

Maternity clothes

(17 Posts)
NerNerNerNerBATMAN Mon 20-Nov-17 10:38:21

Hi all

I'm 14wks pg and just needing to fully embrace maternity clothes. Problem is that I can't find anything that I like that's a reasonable price.

I've tried:
eBay
Top shop
New look
Asos
Seraphine
Isabella Oliver (i need a party frock for a posh wedding)
Jojo
H&M

Is there anywhere I'm missing???

Any corner of the internet I may have over looked?

I've got the basics but would be good to have a couple of nicer things to wear for the next 6+ months.

NerNerNerNerBATMAN Mon 20-Nov-17 10:39:04

Oh I should have added mothercare, M&S and mamas and papas to that list!!!

pastabest Mon 20-Nov-17 10:41:09

Dorothy Perkins
Matalan
Next

But yes most maternity clothes are horrid.

I just bought maternity jeans and leggings and made my normal tops and jumpers stretch!

NerNerNerNerBATMAN Mon 20-Nov-17 12:03:42

Thanks! I hadn't tried those three. Will have a look now.

ambereeree Mon 20-Nov-17 14:25:17

Mothercare is awful

Hmmalittlefishy Mon 20-Nov-17 14:26:52

Are you on Facebook? There is a preloved maternity and nursing clothes group with a huge array of sizes, styles etc

user1493413286 Mon 20-Nov-17 14:28:07

Asda is something like £12 a pair of jeans which I thought was pretty good and I got a couple of t shirts from H&M in a 2 for £8 deal. I also found a couple of nicer tops for going out from H&M for about £15.
I bought a few t shirts from primark for about £3 each and wore them with a nice normal cardigan

ICanNeverThinkOfAGoodUsrname Mon 20-Nov-17 14:32:57

Boohoo.com are very reasonable and have nice bits.

Bisquick Mon 20-Nov-17 14:34:38

Did you not fancy the ASOS stuff? I’ve lived in their dresses for 2 pregnancies. I bought jeans from Jessica simpson’s label in the US (which isn’t super helpful I know) and a bunch of plain black maternity tees from ASOS accessorised with various scarves.
But mostly in ASOS dresses and leggings from next.

Chipsahoy Mon 20-Nov-17 21:28:42

I'm 16 weeks and have a bump. I'm just wearing usual leggings, a size up in black jeggings. Lots of long tops or dresses, particularly ones that tie at the back and tights.
Not a big fan of maternity wear. Stretchy jersey dresses work well as you get bigger.

Iwantaunicorn Mon 20-Nov-17 21:53:57

Debenhams (red herring) for tops
Next for jeans
Asos dresses
BooHoo dresses and coat

welshweasel Mon 20-Nov-17 21:57:30

Most of mine came from gap.

HonestOtter Tue 21-Nov-17 12:26:05

Peacocks has some nice bits

Sunshinegirl82 Tue 21-Nov-17 12:37:42

Tiffany Rose for the posh frock although not super cheap. You can quite often pick bits up second hand on eBay.

Loosemoose28 Tue 21-Nov-17 22:15:53

Im 19'weeks and have accepted maternity clothes now.

Lucky as a few friends have given me bits and I bought some seraphime jeans on ebay for £7.

I can still fit in my size bigger jeggings and leggings though from ASDA. Not the most flattering things but I am dressed comfortably hmm

Firstchild7 Tue 21-Nov-17 22:24:50

I got most of mine second hand off ebay as I wanted over bump jeans and most shops had under. Asda have quite a cheep range. Tbh I have mostly brought primark tops in big sizes and asda tops in a big size. And got some black trackies off sports direct

ScotsLamb Tue 21-Nov-17 23:02:46

Katie Piper has a range of maternity wear online which is gorgeous. The dresses for formal wear are beautiful and very reasonable. £25ish for a nice going out dress

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: