Talk

Advanced search

Reassurance?

(10 Posts)
NEmum Mon 20-Nov-17 08:15:50

I have recently found out I’m pregnant, it’s 6 weeks from my last period. Did a CB last week & got 2-3 weeks, stupidly I did one today hoping for 4+ but only got 2-3 weeks again. I have a history of mmc & now I’m panicking! I know HCG levels vary person to person but does anyone have a similar experience where everything was fine?

I wish I hadn’t done it but curiosity got the better of me!

Ct17218 Mon 20-Nov-17 08:27:36

Do they even go 4+, I thought it was 3+ and loads of threads on here will tell you the same thing that the dating is unreliable on these things!

I found out I was pregnant at 6wk and it only gave me a 2-3wk response. I’m now 27+2!

If still concerned book yourself an early scan, but otherwise congratulations!!! flowers

NEmum Mon 20-Nov-17 08:35:23

Eek maybe it doesn’t? I know I’m being daft, will definitely be asking for an early scan 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻thank you for replying! X

JoJoSM2 Mon 20-Nov-17 08:38:12

Maybe you ovulated later than exactly 2 weeks after your lmp? I got 3+ on the digi at 5+4 but my hCG levels are lower than average (dates 100% as it’s ivf).

Expectingbsbunumber2 Mon 20-Nov-17 09:15:43

I used a clear blue digital and it only goes upto 3+ get to the docs they can give a rough estimation on your Expected due date.

Needadvicetoleave Mon 20-Nov-17 11:32:54

You won't get an early scan just because you ask, you'll need to book one privately if you want one.

I really wouldn't worry about the digital test, they aren't particularly accurate. Go off you last period date until you get you dating scan.

AnUtterIdiot Mon 20-Nov-17 11:36:39

The Clearblue estimates aren't accurate. I think it's because women can have varying levels of HCG - the question is not whether they are at a particular level objectively, but whether they are increasing as expected. (Disclaimer: not a doctor, just what I have read.). If that's right, then you could have very different levels of HCG from another woman but both of your pregnancies could be going perfectly well. I would just date from your last period until your 12 week scan which is when they give you your due date.

FourForYouGlenCoco Mon 20-Nov-17 12:10:41

I got 2-3 on a clearblue digi at about 5w...did another 10 days later and got another 2-3. Didn't get 3+ til I was 7 weeks. Also have a history of MMC & MC so assumed all would be ending badly shortly. Am now 18 weeks and baby is wriggling as I type this! The digis are pretty rubbish IMO, can't be trusted. You will more than likely be fine OP, good luck flowers

NEmum Mon 20-Nov-17 12:11:53

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply & for the congrats.

I am aware of how HCG levels are different from woman to woman, but also of the rate with which they rise. So I would’ve expected to have seen this increase shown in the CB tests. I’m hearing that the indicator isn’t always accurate which is reassuring to know.

I have calculated my due date & will be making an appt at 8 weeks to book in my pregnancy with the midwife. I know they will “date” me again at my 12 week scan.

I also said I will ask for an early scan. I know I will not automatically be given one however in the past I have been. I know not all areas of the NHS are like that.

Now to stay away from the tests & to try to relax & be positive smile

NEmum Mon 20-Nov-17 12:12:54

@FourForYouGlenCoco thanks for sharing! Helps me to calm down...!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now