Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Am I a big wimp?

(7 Posts)
FGSholdthedoor Sat 18-Nov-17 09:23:38

Currently 38 weeks.
Last 2-3days I've had these pelvis pains, the only think I can imagine it being is baby's head pushing its way down on everything down there.
They come on in a matter of seconds and make me sort of dip down and usually stop in my tracks as its too painful/achey to move until they pass. It's just at the front in the pelvis region.

I'm sure everyone gets them this far on in pregnancy but am I just being a huge wimp with the fact I can't keep on walking/have to stand and wait for it to pass before I can carry on what I was doing? blush

Luckystar1 Sat 18-Nov-17 09:25:11

Err no! Now it's time to rest. That's what your body is telling you. Rest, rest, rest.

Good luck!

SprinkleOfInsanity Sat 18-Nov-17 09:29:00

Sounds like fanny daggers/lightning crotch. I've had it often towards the the end of my pregnancy, and it's where the baby's head is pushing down on the nerves around your cervix, which is a good sign but can certainly take your breath away!

BexleyRae Sat 18-Nov-17 09:32:32

Not a wimp! Rest, lots and lots. Have you got someone to look after you?
Hot water bottle, hot chocolate and magazines, don't move from the sofa if possible

MagicFajita Sat 18-Nov-17 09:34:16

Not a wimp op. That pain is horrible and stops you in your tracks.

Please rest , put your feet up and have a cup of tea and some cake.

flumpybear Sat 18-Nov-17 09:44:30

Feet up, you’ll be busy soon enough

FGSholdthedoor Sat 18-Nov-17 10:00:45

Glad to know I'm not as wimpy as I thought, DS (2) just gave me a confused look as he saw me crab walking across the kitchen go get to the ringing phone! But it was the only position I could move in!

I can't sit down just yet I feel like I've too much to do blush, the bedroom is filling up with clutter and stray clothes I really don't want to be clambering over when I get up at night, I'm sure it was clean a few days ago...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: