Talk

Advanced search

anyone else feeling like its taking ages?

(14 Posts)
Mrshand123 Thu 16-Nov-17 20:58:29

im 8 weeks pregnant and it feels like its taken a year to get to this point. i still have 4 weeks till 12 week scan and i just feel so sick and tired everyday. i am so happy to be pregnant, its just feeling sick all day everyday which is getting me down. anyone else feel the same? sad

Manctart Thu 16-Nov-17 21:09:36

I felt exactly like this and it's doubly crap not being able to talk about it. I have had my first proper scan today (after a couple due to bleeds) and feel a bit of a boost but I can imagine that finally talking to people about it will make a massive difference for me. Have you told anyone? Maybe even just telling one close friend would help, it's very lonely at first being pregnant I think!

Mrshand123 Thu 16-Nov-17 21:15:54

a few people know, ive had an early scan at 7 weeks and all was okay. i just feel so low with sickness. all i want to do is eat and feel good after. i just want my 12 week scan, everything to be okay and then everyone can know and hopefully the sickness will ease off

PossibiliTea Thu 16-Nov-17 21:16:30

I’m so grateful to be pregnant but I struggle with the worry and I think that’s why it does feel so much longer! I’m nearly 16 weeks so should relax a bit more...still getting sickness and still feel so tired though! I feel the same don’t worry you are not alone. I’m so looking forward to having a baby (even though that will come with new worries and tiredness) I can’t wait though I’m so impatient anyway smile

Mrshand123 Thu 16-Nov-17 21:21:32

i think thats my worry, i had a miscarriage a few years ago and every little twinch or ache scares me. im really looking forward to being a mummy just the worry and sickness isnt a good mix

PossibiliTea Thu 16-Nov-17 21:27:49

I totally get what you mean, I miscarried in March so now everything freaks me out. People keep telling me to relax and enjoy but that’s easy for them to say!

You will get through it though, and in less than 9 months I’m sure we will have arms full of healthy baby!

Feel free to pm if you want to talk anytime, I’m sorry to say I am still getting a bit of sickness but it does ease off and it’s different for everyone! I think with me certain foods trigger it because it is after I eat. I’ve not yet put my finger on which foods they are though grin I’m in denial about the fact it’s likely to be chocolate

PossibiliTea Thu 16-Nov-17 21:30:34

Have you had your booking in appointment? I find it good just to have something booked in, makes it feel like you aren’t left to it for so long. After my 12 week scan at about 14 weeks I booked in to see my midwife just to discuss a few concerns etc and it does help

Fakingit36 Sat 18-Nov-17 04:56:53

Feeling the same here. I got the BFP 10 days ago and it's dragging. I called the docs and they said "we want to see you at 10 weeks, not before." So still looking at another 1.5 weeks of waiting. I have a pregnant colleague who's all blooming at 19 weeks and "out" and I'm so jealous. Spotty, exhausted, grumpy and fed up!!

PossibiliTea Sat 18-Nov-17 09:34:04

Ahh I know it’s such a wait. I feel the same, and my spots keep popping up but no bump or anything yet I think people must think I’m having a three month period at the moment, tired grumpy and spots!

Elephantgrey Sat 18-Nov-17 09:52:22

I am 13 weeks pregnant. The first few weeks really dragged. I was constantly sick and admitted to hospital with hyperemersis. I had my 12 week scan on Wednesday and it was so lovely to see the baby. It also feels more real now I have told everyone.

My friend who's little girl is 7 months old said she felt the same as me. In the first few weeks you feel like you want more support. You feel really sick you are anxious and there is a higher chance that you could lose the baby at that point.
The scan felt like s big Turing point for me. In future if I have another on I would pay for an early scan for reassurance I would probably still worry like you have.
People have told me the first trimester is really hard and it gets easier. I think it is very natural to worry.

Mrshand123 Sat 18-Nov-17 09:52:54

My face looks like a pizza with all the spots. 😂
Thanks possibiliTea, yeah had my booking in appointment last week, I get to book in my 12 weeks scan on Tuesday so at least I'll have that to look forward to smile

Mrshand123 Sat 18-Nov-17 09:56:00

I feel for you elephantgrey, glad the 12 week scan was nice for you. I can't wait till mine smile

Mintykins4 Sat 18-Nov-17 18:21:33

I’m 10+5 with DC2, only found out 3 weeks ago (unplanned and I’d had what I thought was a period, only did the test because I felt so awful). Those three weeks have dragged! This is the hardest part I think, you’re most worried something might go wrong, you’re not supposed to tell anyone, you feel/are sick, you’re knackered and you have a pizza face. The worst for me is pretending to feel fine at work when I want to crawl under the desk and sleep, after shouting “I feel dreadful” across the office.

It does get a lot better, and it does go faster. I’d recommend the movie of what to expect when you’re expecting and an early night!

CL1982 Sun 19-Nov-17 11:02:51

OP it doesn't stop. After the roller coaster of the first 20 weeks you have this weird long slog until you get to NCT classes and things and then the birth...I'm 26 weeks and there is still a looong way to go!! But we'll get there 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now