Talk

Advanced search

Itchy tops of feet!

(11 Posts)
sureitsgrand Tue 14-Nov-17 23:14:52

Like, hot, itches more than anything I've ever experienced- no scratching satisfies it! Google tells me there is a condition but that's soles of feet. Anyone any experience?

PandaBear17 Wed 15-Nov-17 06:20:06

Please ring your midwife and get a blood test, I had itching all over my body and not really much on my hands and feet, it can be very serious and harmful to baby if you have the condition oc or icp, not trying to worry you but please get in touch with your midwife. I had this at 36 weeks, they gave me medication to bring my bile levels down ( which helped ) some cream for the itching, I had a blood test every week ( my midwifes were very good and rang with results the next day ) and I was monitored regularly also induced at 39 weeks, try not to worry ( I did I'm a worrier ) but please get checked xx

rogl Wed 15-Nov-17 06:30:13

I second the previous poster. My first pregnancy it was just my skin stretching from swollen feet but my second pregnancy my feet didn’t itch but I was tearing chunks out of the rest of my body the itching was so bad it was OC but my hands and feet didn’t itch at all.

Don’t panic though just ring your midwife and they’ll sort a blood test smile

Stickmangate Wed 15-Nov-17 06:36:31

My feet itched on the tops and bottom and I had obstetric cholestasis. Don't worry but ring your midwife.

sureitsgrand Wed 15-Nov-17 07:51:28

Ok thanks will ring today. It's not as itchy today, it's definitely worse at night.

TheEdgeOfGlory266 Wed 15-Nov-17 08:11:55

Without meaning to panic you, being more itchy at night is a classic sign of OC. Try not to panic about it. It's easily managed. Hopefully you get some good news but my first itch is currently jumping on my bed like a loon and second is wiggling away in my tummy getting ready to join us in the world.

sieb81 Wed 15-Nov-17 09:56:56

Agree with everyone above; I had itchy shins, didn't even know it could be something until I mentioned it to the midwife. They ran several blood tests on me to see if it was OC, I started off with high bile levels but luckily they declined on their own.
I was lucky that it wasn't OC, but so happy and comforted by the thought that the medical team was looking out for me and by the confirmation that all was ok.
Better to do one check-up too many.

AnUtterIdiot Wed 15-Nov-17 10:18:01

Hi - it's not just soles of feet, although I went in last week with a very itchy left sole and my liver function is a bit off (working diagnosis of OC, they're medicating me for it and I have to have repeat liver function tests Friday). Just ring in and get tested. The medication normally sorts it out I think.

PandaBear17 Sat 18-Nov-17 09:01:35

Did you have a blood test op? Xx

sureitsgrand Sat 18-Nov-17 18:31:00

No the doctor didn't do one, she thinks it's actually pregnancy anxiety manifesting physically. I must admit they've been ok since. And I am definitely suffering anxiety. .....

PandaBear17 Sat 18-Nov-17 19:32:31

Ask your midwife, one midwife said it's probably nothing so I rang and spoke to another midwife who got me in straight away for a blood test, not trying to worry you but having a blood test is the only way to rule out oc xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now