Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone still struggling to brush their teeth!!

(19 Posts)
MummyToASassy4yrOld Tue 14-Nov-17 22:33:51

Hi ladies,
Bit of a random post, but anyone still struggling of a morning to brush there teeth. 😷
I'm 14 weeks this week and since about 6 weeks I've struggled to brush my teeth. I'm suffering from sickness but not actually bringing anything up. Soon as the toothbrush goes in there it's a struggle to keep it in there without me retching.
I feel like I have to mentally prepare myself for 'toothbrush time! 🙈
What us poor ladies go through! Hoping it should end soon. x

AnneEyhtMeyer Tue 14-Nov-17 22:36:11

I still get this occasionally and DD is nearly 9.

MummyToASassy4yrOld Tue 14-Nov-17 22:39:54

Oh no!! Hoping it goes soon! xx

DeadDoorpost Tue 14-Nov-17 22:41:35

39 weeks and still struggle. I can't stand children's flavours and mint makes me feel sick so I have to either use just water or a tiny amount and hope for the best that I don't gag or vomit.
And some days I honestly can't do it. Luckily I don't go out anywhere so on those days I feel ok ignoring it. I'd rather feel fine than sick the whole day.

AutumnGlitterBall Tue 14-Nov-17 22:50:08

I was the same. On days when I was working, I would brush my teeth as soon as I got up to get the first puke out of the way. Sometimes I just used to have a swirl of mouthwash 🙊 the downside is my teeth are now heavily stained but I was so sick for so long, I don’t know what else I could have done.

catiinbo0ts Tue 14-Nov-17 22:52:10

Yep. Ever since I was about 3 weeks preggo with Ds1.

He was 18 in August.

thelittlethingz Tue 14-Nov-17 22:52:19

You know what kills me.... looking at other people’s toothbrushes. It makes me gag non stop!!!!!!

Chocolateporridge Tue 14-Nov-17 22:59:07

I was the same, but somehow just about managed a quick brush with my dd's strawberry flavour toothpaste. It didn't stop till ds was born though!

ForeverHopeful21 Wed 15-Nov-17 09:50:59

I'm exactly the same. From week 8 - 14 I could not brush my teeth without gagging or being sick. Then I had a nice gap where things settled down, but now its returned and I'm 18 weeks. For me the night-time brush is the worst yuk!!

thepatchworkcat Thu 16-Nov-17 11:35:07

Ugh me too. Have to psyche myself up for going to brush teeth. Worse at night for me though weirdly.

Bluebirdsky Thu 16-Nov-17 13:14:47

Yes, worse in the morning for me but definitely a struggle, I even changed the head on my electric toothbrush this morning as I was convinced it smelt funny and was making we wretch!

allthecheese Thu 16-Nov-17 15:51:55

I thought I was the only one!! Yes totally struggled for a long time. It's getting better in the third tri but still is something I really have to force myself to do.

AnUtterIdiot Thu 16-Nov-17 17:28:16

I had it but it had mostly worn off by around 16 weeks I think. Still gag when I hit anything apart from a tooth at the back though.

MagicMoneyTree Thu 16-Nov-17 17:50:51

Yep. I’m still having this at 30+ weeks. I find it much worse at night, so I do a quick light brush then to minimise the gagging (never actually throw up, just wretch for ages) then in the morning I do a more thorough brush. Still not as thorough as normal though. I never feel like my mouth is clean- and I feel like my breath absolutely reeks in the morning!

Oysterbabe Thu 16-Nov-17 21:48:44

I gagged and was a bit sick this morning doing mine and I'm almost 36 weeks.

GrapesAreMyJam Fri 17-Nov-17 06:08:39

28 weeks pregnant and still heave when I do!

ImListening Fri 17-Nov-17 06:13:25

Sorry 18 years later & it’s still the same!

shakeyourcaboose Fri 17-Nov-17 06:18:12

Yep! In the end I used those 'dry' toothbrush things you may have seen in service stations? Like wee gloves that go over your finger tip and was a v swift wipe around. Felt catch 22. Worried about teeth due to amount of vomming, but every time tried to brush I threw up!

MummyToASassy4yrOld Sun 19-Nov-17 06:38:39

Aww ladies, I'm totally with you on it.
For me it's not the toothpaste I don't mind the minty taste it's the actual toothbrush in my mouth.😷 It's even worse when your trying to read the back of your mouth. Plus my teeth feel extra sensitive so I'm panicking a bit. 😰. Luckily I think I have solved the problem, I think. I've started to use a child's size toothbrush the head is much smaller. Still feel sick when I go near the back of my mouth but not nearly as bad than I did.

I'm nearly at 14 weeks so hoping the feeling goes away so can start using my normal toothbrush to give it a proper clean as when using the small one my gums keep bleeding but think that's normal as they are more sensitive when your pregnant.
Would go the dentist to let him check but couldn't imagine him putting anything in my mouth. Feel sick thinking about it! 🙈🙊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now