Talk

Advanced search

Worried about healthy weight gain!

(6 Posts)
NewToAllThisStufff Tue 14-Nov-17 15:38:08

Hello

First time pregnancy. I’ve tried googling this but get conflicting results, I’m worried about weight gain and getting back to pre-pregnancy weight once the baby is born.

I weighed 8 stone 8 pounds before I got pregnant, I’m 29 weeks and weigh 10 stone 4 pounds. Is this normal ? When I googled it said that normal weight gain for whole pregnancy is around 2 stone?? I’ve still got 3 months left and already nearly gained that!! I’ve tried eating less but I’m always seem to be hungry. I drink 2 litres of water a day what else can I do?

EastDulwichWife Tue 14-Nov-17 15:46:48

There are a few apps out there that that chart of your 'goal' weight gain for each week if you think you would find that useful. There are a few chains on MN about women gaining (and losing!) 4 stone in pregnancy, so just do what you can to not eat total crap and I'm sure you'll be just fine. For what it's worth, you weigh less now than before I got pregnant, so I doubt you have anything to worry about! Your weight gain doesn't sound out of the ordinary to me.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Tue 14-Nov-17 17:34:50

I don't think eating less is wise? Baby needs all the good nutrients. Just eat the good stuff and try not stress about weight.

ambereeree Tue 14-Nov-17 19:43:13

How tall are you? The weight gain indicator would be for an average size woman so you can afford to put on a little more.

JoJoSM2 Tue 14-Nov-17 19:55:22

I don’t know how tall you are but with your initial weight, your sound very, very slim. If so, you need to put on more weight than the average woman for a healthy pregnancy.
By the same token, women who start heavy shouldn’t put much on.

NewToAllThisStufff Tue 14-Nov-17 20:14:17

I’m 5”4 and when I said eat less I mean chocolate etc. I’ve been craving all bad foods the past month of my pregnancy so trying to eat less of that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now