Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pre packed sausage rolls

(13 Posts)
user1499786242 Tue 14-Nov-17 12:29:24

Like the ones you get from Tesco etc
Last pregnancy I didn't eat them as I was too scared to
Well my son now eats them and today this overwhelming craving came over me and I grabbed one and ate it in about 3 seconds, straight from the fridge it was unbelievably good
Well now I've spent 20 mins on google and have convinced myself I feel sick now and have mucked up...

I'm being stupid aren't I?
One won't hurt???

louise055 Tue 14-Nov-17 12:35:35

What exactly are you scared of? I’ve never heard that sausage rolls are a food to avoid while pregnant hmm

Passmethecrisps Tue 14-Nov-17 12:36:28

I think you will be fine. What is it about sausage rolls which bothers you so much?

bettydraper31 Tue 14-Nov-17 12:40:13

you will be fine xx

user1499786242 Tue 14-Nov-17 12:41:17

Google is telling me they are a no go
Listeria risk apparently, as the meat is cold?
I should have heated it up
But then it would be soggy and horrible?

I'm obviously being stupid and paranoid 🙈🙈

BigBaboonBum Tue 14-Nov-17 12:44:55

I usually have some in the fridge if I’m feeling munchy I can grab one and go, I’ve had quite a few this pregnancy! I assume you’re talking about deli meat that’s cooled and left out so it can collect germs... we don’t leave our sausage rolls out here though, they usually come in a pack of a few

dementedpixie Tue 14-Nov-17 12:46:12

Google is talking crap then. Sausage rolls are not on the avoid list

mindutopia Tue 14-Nov-17 12:46:43

Anything can have listeria on it. It's nothing to do with sausage. Any commercial food product can harbour it, so unless you never eat anything raw or any commercial food, you'll never be able to avoid it. The most recent outbreaks have been in lettuce and bean sprouts, not any cold meats or cheese. In fact, in some countries, women are told to avoid raw salads and veg. You can't live life like that. You've never gotten listeria from a sausage roll before, so it's obviously very unlikely to mysteriously happen now. Just take wise precautions, wash your hands, keep things properly refrigerated, don't eat anything out of date, don't eat from dodgy places, probably avoid bean sprouts, etc. and you'll be fine, so please don't worry.

dementedpixie Tue 14-Nov-17 12:47:29

Heating in the oven would have made it crispy not soggy but it's perfectly fine chilled too

Expectingbsbunumber2 Tue 14-Nov-17 13:11:21

I think your worrying too much.

NamesNamesAndMoreNames Tue 14-Nov-17 13:12:41

Cold cured meats are to be avoided, yes... But not sausage rolls! They are fine. More than fine!

AnonEvent Tue 14-Nov-17 13:59:35

I don’t know if it makes you feel better or worse, but listeria is incredibly rare, and the last reported case in the uk was from a bag of rocket.

Yes, stick to the guidelines, ideally the NHS guidelines, they seemed sane and sensible when I was pregnant.

thecolonelbumminganugget Tue 14-Nov-17 14:03:58

When you look into it the list of food that you should avoid is really small. The annoying bit is trying to cut through the crap online and stuff that people think is correct and judge you for eating (my friend tried to warn me about eating coffee flavoured ice cream at the weekend angry) I stick to the nhs guidance only and ignore everything else for the sake of my own sanity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now