Talk

Advanced search

I think my baby has turned the wrong way at 38 weeks!

(3 Posts)
Booooooo Tue 14-Nov-17 00:52:16

I had some really painful movements earlier tonight as I came to bed as the baby was moving around inside me. Very very uncomfortable. Now the position I had got used to the baby in feels very strange and I'm feeling most movements lower down rather than high up in my ribs. Slightly paranoid that it's the head I can now feel up higher.

I have a midwife apt on Thursday. Do I wait until then or should I try and see someone tomorrow? I guess it's not great if I go into labour and the baby is breach confused

Craicvac Tue 14-Nov-17 01:02:06

Nightmare! Mine did the same at 36 weeks, and it sounds similar. I’d give your community midwife a ring in the morning and let them know- chances are they’ll try to see you before Thursday.
I was also told that if my waters went there was a higher chance of cord prolapse because the head wasn’t blocking the canal so I was to go in urgently if I ruptured my membranes- just so you’re aware if anything happens tonight.
Good luck- I hope you’re mistaken!

Booooooo Tue 14-Nov-17 01:19:22

Blimey thanks @Craicvac Hopefully I'm wrong but I feel fairly sure I'm not. I really want a lovely water birth in the midwife led unit too and was hoping this would be third time lucky

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now