Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sharp pains at 32 weeks. Braxton Hicks?

(6 Posts)
HonestOtter Mon 13-Nov-17 17:23:23

I'm 32+5 and having sharp pains quite low down (pubic area). They're only a few seconds long, happening infrequently and I've been having them since about 1pm today. I can't remember having this with my little girl confused Does it sound like Braxton Hicks?

LittleWingSoul Mon 13-Nov-17 17:32:36

Could it be pelvic girdle pain rather than braxton hicks? I'm 32 weeks too and have been suffering with it all day. It's really wearing.

kikibo Mon 13-Nov-17 17:34:23

If it's stabbing pain, it's more likely to be what's termed 'fanny daggers ' (cervix stretching/effacing I think it is).

I had it a little bit around 30+ weeks, but it was definitely painful. Exactly like stabbing with a knife inside.

Braxton Hicks I can't comment about, as I never had them or at least didn't notice anyway.

LittleWingSoul Mon 13-Nov-17 17:38:13

Oh yes or fanny daggers!

HonestOtter Mon 13-Nov-17 17:44:16

Never heard of fanny daggers!! It's a really sharp pain and stops me in my tracks but it's only for a second or 2. Pregnancy is glam!

AnUtterIdiot Mon 13-Nov-17 20:25:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: