Talk

Advanced search

Sharp pains at 32 weeks. Braxton Hicks?

(6 Posts)
HonestOtter Mon 13-Nov-17 17:23:23

I'm 32+5 and having sharp pains quite low down (pubic area). They're only a few seconds long, happening infrequently and I've been having them since about 1pm today. I can't remember having this with my little girl confused Does it sound like Braxton Hicks?

LittleWingSoul Mon 13-Nov-17 17:32:36

Could it be pelvic girdle pain rather than braxton hicks? I'm 32 weeks too and have been suffering with it all day. It's really wearing.

kikibo Mon 13-Nov-17 17:34:23

If it's stabbing pain, it's more likely to be what's termed 'fanny daggers ' (cervix stretching/effacing I think it is).

I had it a little bit around 30+ weeks, but it was definitely painful. Exactly like stabbing with a knife inside.

Braxton Hicks I can't comment about, as I never had them or at least didn't notice anyway.

LittleWingSoul Mon 13-Nov-17 17:38:13

Oh yes or fanny daggers!

HonestOtter Mon 13-Nov-17 17:44:16

Never heard of fanny daggers!! It's a really sharp pain and stops me in my tracks but it's only for a second or 2. Pregnancy is glam!

AnUtterIdiot Mon 13-Nov-17 20:25:44

Braxton Hicks starts high up in my womb and doesn't hurt for me so I think it's more likely to be fanny daggers of ligament/pelvic pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now