Talk

Advanced search

Tested for pre-eclampsia

(6 Posts)
Expectingbsbunumber2 Mon 13-Nov-17 15:50:56

Just been to see the midwife as last week was experiencing some severe thirst so she wanted in to check. I got there she done my blood pressure it was a little high and had a bit protein in my urine, which she was a little concerned about. So she tool my blood and will find out results tomorrow. I'm trying not to panic until I know what's happening. What will happen if I do have it? Will baby be delivered earlier? I've not experienced this in my last pregnancy.

AnUtterIdiot Mon 13-Nov-17 16:01:41

As I understand it, if it's mild then they'll monitor you regularly for it and will want to deliver you at term (37-38 weeks) rather than letting you go over. If they think it's more serious then they might admit you until you give birth or deliver early.

AnUtterIdiot Mon 13-Nov-17 16:04:38

www.nhs.uk/conditions/pre-eclampsia/

I worried about complications all the way through, you know. They diagnosed me with GD (currently controlled with diet) and they think I may also have OC (itching seems to have gone with the meds they've started me on but I'm still waiting for bloods). Really do try not to worry about it. What these things have meant for me is more monitoring, which is a pain but at least I get to find out what's going on in there regularly. It is a bit dispiriting and I initially felt a bit guilty (no idea why) and miserable but actually it's just my poor old body doing its best to cope with gestating two human beings at once and I can't ask for more of it than that!

jimijack Mon 13-Nov-17 16:07:18

I had pre eclampsia with both of my pregnancies. Was fine, high blood pressure and protein also very swollen legs and feet.
I was kept in, monitored on and off for the last 4 weeks or so.
Delivered at 37, 38 weeks, was fine.
Healthy but small baby's after 4-5 weeks I was better.
The monitoring and care was really good, they were on it for me.

Don't panic, absolutely no reason to panic, wasted energy.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Mon 13-Nov-17 16:08:50

@anutteridiot thank you for your reply! Didn't expect that today as I've been feeling ok apart from terrible heartburn and tiredness. She said that I've just too keep an eye on baby's movements, watch out for swelling and depending on the results tomorrow I will need to go in next week.

Your having twins how exciting!! Your right the extra monitoring is a huge peace of mind.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Mon 13-Nov-17 16:11:40

@jimijack thank you for your reply. I'm not going to panic, my midwife is lovely and was very reassuring about it all. I'm glad you're babies were absolutely fine 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now