Advanced search

Scared to give birth

(17 Posts)
Relaxing2 Mon 13-Nov-17 15:07:25

Feeling scared to give birth anyone else

SomehowSomewhere1 Mon 13-Nov-17 15:26:37

Yes!

TerrifyingFeistyCupcake Mon 13-Nov-17 15:30:31

Well, everyone is nervous about birth first time around (and sometimes subsequently). How scared are we talking?

MissConductUS Mon 13-Nov-17 15:32:08

There was a time when I realized that it was easier being pregnant than giving birth and having a newborn to care for.

Being scared is perfectly normal.

Relaxing2 Mon 13-Nov-17 15:33:43

Just wondering if I will cope with the pain I've been threw it twice before so I know what to expect think that's what's bothering me

Shiela2017 Mon 13-Nov-17 15:35:40

Could you request a c section if you are scared if VB or talk to your midwife about different pain refief or even a home birth if being in a hospital scares you. Don't be forced into a type of birth you dont want. This is the 21st century and women should not have to put up with pain anymore. You have choices and you have rights xxx

Relaxing2 Mon 13-Nov-17 15:41:40

Haven't spoken to anyone yet but I will be asking questions etc I kno the baby got come out one way lol

MissConductUS Mon 13-Nov-17 15:43:27

Did you have an epidural with either of the first two? Most women find them to be highly effective.

Sunnyx Mon 13-Nov-17 15:44:57

Don’t be scared! If it gets too much, take the drugs!

Expectingbsbunumber2 Mon 13-Nov-17 16:01:12

I didn't have a great experience with my first birth so as I have 6 weeks left I'm beginning to get a little scared in case it goes the same way

Relaxing2 Mon 13-Nov-17 17:14:27

Aww it's totally understandable isn't it and no haven't tried epi only gas and air and pethadine I'm glad I'm not the only one

Mustang27 Mon 13-Nov-17 17:31:56

You will be fine I coped with a back to back 19hr labour first time on gas and air.

I’d recommend the pool and some hypnobirthing techniques for breathing and staying calm.

Mustang27 Mon 13-Nov-17 17:32:17

Ignore you have done this more than me lol

Twickerhun Mon 13-Nov-17 17:35:15

I was scared too, but found it much easier than I ever imagined. It hurt, but I kept waiting for it to be hell and it wasn’t. You’ll have midwives to help, pain killers and your own hormones to get through it. Most of the stories you read on site like this are the horror stories, as those of us who had it ‘easy’ don’t tend to comment.

ClaryFray Mon 13-Nov-17 20:01:08

I was the first time was hard, but I told my midwife and she stayed with me throughout. Didn't get a change over, be honest with your midwife, get her to talk through what there doing/what is happening it helped me.

Remember, women have been birthing babies for thousands of years, you got this.

ShouldHaveListenedInBiology Mon 13-Nov-17 20:07:11

Would highly recommend hypnobirthing. I had a rough first birth and it got me through my second with no pain relief, it was amazing. I sometimes look back and I can't believe I did it! I did Maggie Howell's online course, it cost £90 but was worth every penny as I was petrified.

kittydetective Mon 13-Nov-17 20:18:50

I was terrified!!! But it was fine ..... I promise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now