Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 week scan Thursday

(11 Posts)
Newbiebaby1 Mon 13-Nov-17 13:06:40

We have our 12 week scan this Thursday, I will be 12+4 according to the dates. I am really nervous, obv excited too but didn't have the best start with some spotting. I was scanned at 6 weeks and baby's heart heart was showing and no signs of why I had spotting. I've since had another 3 episodes of it but it was so light and they said that it can be for any reason so I am keeping everything crossed that all is ok. I've not been able to get completely excited yet and have told very few people. It's my first pregnancy and we are over the moon so good vibes from everyone would be really appreciated smile
I've had lots of symptoms and already developed a small tum but the symptoms have eased a bit this week, not such sore boobs and more feeling sick then being sick but I have horrible heartburn. Hoping these are all good signs x

Expectingbsbunumber2 Mon 13-Nov-17 13:14:20

Spotting can be very common in early pregnancy. I hadn't told anyone until after my 12 week scan. Apart from my partner of course!

Newbiebaby1 Mon 13-Nov-17 13:21:18

Yeah that's what they said and it's never been more than a tiny amount, no more than the first when I was scanned and it's been several weeks apart each time.
I had to tell a few people from family and hr at work because I had to take time off when I had the first problem but it's been hard keeping it from everyone else.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Mon 13-Nov-17 13:55:18

That's good! The 12 week scan Is lovely. My partner went into shock mode when he seen our baby on the screen lol

Newbiebaby1 Mon 13-Nov-17 14:28:44

Haha at the emergency scan we had I was a bit numb due to worrying but my partner started to cry, bless him.

AnUtterIdiot Mon 13-Nov-17 14:42:00

I would say that if you've had only minimal spotting and then a heartbeat on screen after the spotting, you should probably be OK. Early pregnancy is a horribly worrying time - I really feel for you!

AnUtterIdiot Mon 13-Nov-17 14:42:18

PS I am still a bundle of nerves at 34 weeks

Newbiebaby1 Mon 13-Nov-17 15:05:56

Thank you, yes the scan was after the first incident of spotting and it was more of a discharge then red blood, the midwife said streaks of red blood tend not to be a worry but anything heavier should be checked. It's so hard to know what's to be checked and what isn't. As there isn't much they can do I thought it made more sense to wait for this scan but it has been a long wait and now I'm very nervous. I worry about everything!
Thank you both for taking the time to reply smile

Hannahf89 Mon 13-Nov-17 20:07:30

@Newbiebaby1 I had some spotting at 6 weeks, really light and then had a private scan at 8 weeks and a heartbeat was detected. Had spotting again at 10 weeks and had an emergency scan and everything was fine - my DH cried too! I have my 12 week scan a week on Thursday at 13+2 and I'm still worried sick - I'd have a scan everyday if I could!

Newbiebaby1 Mon 13-Nov-17 22:02:45

Aw I'm sure yours will be fine, you've had 2 healthy scans already smile
It's such a worry isn't it, I wonder if I should have asked for another scan before now but you could end up paranoid. Fingers crossed everything will be ok for us both flowers x

Hannahf89 Tue 14-Nov-17 15:46:08

Yeah, hopefully we'll both be fine - good luck with yours tomorrow and let us know how it goes!

Before I got pregnant, I didn't think I was a worrier at all. It's all I do now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now