Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How early did you notice symptoms?

(10 Posts)
Eilasor Mon 13-Nov-17 10:15:36

I've been getting nose bleeds, constipation, itchy nipples and sore boobs... but I'm only 4/5 days late for my period. The symptoms would be consistent with my previous pregnancies, but I'm sure I didn't notice anything until a good few weeks later on (but the first time I was a newlywed on honeymoon and the second time I had a newborn...).

I'm going to leave it a couple of days and take a test, obviously, but I was just wondering how early in your pregnancies you had any symptoms at all?

Oysterbabe Mon 13-Nov-17 10:36:18

I'd just take a test today. At 4 or 5 days late you'd get an accurate result.

Eilasor Mon 13-Nov-17 10:56:38

Will be miffed if I am pg; we stopped ttc a couple of months ago (was getting very stressful) and i just spent a fortune on thinx period pants that I'm yet to use! lighthearted

Expectingbsbunumber2 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:57:43

Take a test. I had this before I took a test, think I tested on day 6 and was positive x

mindutopia Mon 13-Nov-17 11:22:06

At the earliest, I had symptoms 5 days after ovulation. It was really obvious (that was this pregnancy). I was nauseous and felt awful, even though my tests were BFN until 16 dpo (that was my current pregnancy). With all others, very clear symptoms from 8 dpo and 12 dpo. You absolutely should get a result on a test at this point, so I would test.

InappropriateUsername Mon 13-Nov-17 11:40:43

With my first no symptoms and tested when 3 days late, my second I had bad cold so only noticed was late week after due but with this one I had dizziness and intense sniffer dog sense of smell 7 days before period but tested negative, I tested positive 4 days early

JoJoSM2 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:44:18

I felt twinging and pinging when implantation was occuring and then had some very mild cramps. No other symptoms for another couple of weeks after that.

Eilasor Mon 13-Nov-17 12:27:29

Ok ok you've convinced me to take a test today!

Pennyfitzgerald91 Mon 13-Nov-17 12:32:08

I was feeling very tired before my period was even late! So I could have been 3weeks maybe 4 x

ForeverHopeful21 Mon 13-Nov-17 17:26:39

Symptoms change from pregnancy to pregnancy so they might not be the same as your previous experiences.

This time I had symptoms the week before my period was even due. Only very mild signs but things that were out of the ordinary for me ....I had facial rosacea, spotty chin and back and extreme bloating. This was very different from my first pregnancy where I had no symptoms until 5 weeks and they were completely different - more to do with heightened sense of smell, increased appetite and loads of aversions.

Take a test and let us know! Good luck x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: