Talk

Advanced search

Tonsillitis, flu jab and GP bothering

(6 Posts)
Afterconkerseason Mon 13-Nov-17 07:39:44

Hi all, so I can't think straight this morning and hoping someone more sensible than me can steer me in the right direction!

I have already had antibiotics for a bout of tonsillitis this pregnancy, they gave me miserable thrush sad

My toddler has a heavy cold and I can feel one of my tonsils is inflamed again ugh! We are both due to get our flu jab/nasal spray this afternoon.

I presume we can still have them despite being a bit unwell? Do I make another GP appointment for my icky tonsil or hope it goes away? I have seen them so much this pregnancy they must think I'm mad, I'm not too keen on more antibiotics but equally don't want to risk anything spreading to the poor baby!

TIA for any straight thinking!

turquoise88 Mon 13-Nov-17 07:44:58

I'm not sure about the tonsillitis situation, but I know a few weeks ago when DD had a blocked nose I had to reschedule her flu vaccination as it's not guaranteed to work.

Cakescakescakes Mon 13-Nov-17 07:49:26

They won’t do your toddlers vaccination if they have a heavy cold. I’d ring them before trekking down there.

Afterconkerseason Mon 13-Nov-17 07:54:12

Ah great thank you very much, very glad I asked now!

Oysterbabe Mon 13-Nov-17 10:37:45

Yeah they won't do it.
I've rescheduled my toddlers one 3 times. Shell never have it, she had a cold for 4 months last winter.

mindutopia Mon 13-Nov-17 11:27:45

Yes, with a toddler, if they have a really bad cold and nose is very blocked, they won't do it (because it goes up the nose and will just run about out). For you, you should be fine to get your jab unless you have a fever. I had a virus when I got mine but no fever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now