Talk

Advanced search

Argh! The nausea!!

(5 Posts)
LadyCassandra Mon 13-Nov-17 05:29:26

DC3. Only 7 weeks gone. Bloody nausea started on Wednesday and I'm over it already. Never ever had it like this before, I've been in bed for 2 days. Dreading going to work tomorrow.
Anyone got any tips that don't include ginger (doesn't work!)

glow1984 Mon 13-Nov-17 06:03:51

When I was pregnant, my midwife told me to eat little and often.
Dry biscuits / crackers might help
Sprite usually helps me with nausea as it helps me burp (lol)

thecolonelbumminganugget Mon 13-Nov-17 10:38:52

I'm currently 10 weeks and have had constant nausea for about 3 weeks now, it's pretty grim and I fully sympathise with you. Things that have helped me

Plain potatoes in any form, the best being jackets and (to my shame) McDonald's fries
Plain nuts
Tinned fruit (fresh fruit and veg is the worst for me but the metallic taste of the tinned stuff somehow makes it palatable)
Diet coke, I've totally gone off hot drinks, I'm keeping my caffeine intake down below the guidelines but i found having none at all made me feel much worse
Drinking loads of water, again because I've gone off tea I found I wasnt replacing it with other fluids and being dehydrated was making me feel worse
Going for a walk in the fresh air for 5 mins (even though i really don't want to)
Limiting the time I spend looking at my phone, for some reason this makes it worse
Sleeping at every given opportunity!

Good luck, hope it gets better

Cakescakescakes Mon 13-Nov-17 10:45:56

Lemonade or fizzy water
Salty crisps or other dry crunchy food
Having a small snack in bed while still lying down (eg biscuits) before standing up helped stave it off a bit first thing.
Not letting yourself get hungry at all so grazing constantly. Hunger caused me insane nausea.

Cattypuss Mon 13-Nov-17 11:34:51

CD3 7+6 been feeling rubbish for a week. So what helps? A fizzy diet caffeinated drink - I am currently sipping cherry pepsi max. Slowly eating a packet of ready salted crisp snacks - hula hoops/squares. I am treating it like I would treat a hangover, so plenty sleep and plenty water.
Jacob's cream crackers first thing.
It really sucks, I hope it goes away soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now