Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone miss sleeping on their belly..

(19 Posts)
CinnamonAndSpice Sun 12-Nov-17 22:32:23

Omg I miss it so badly lol.. Obviously it's worth it so not moaning

But that's how I've always slept. Can't sleep on my sides as get dead arms and legs within 5 minutes. So dosing off on my back but wake almost on my belly but with my knee into the matress kind of pushing me up so belly isn't squished.
24 weeks on weds. And counting down the time to sleep spattered on my belly lol

CoolGirlsNeverGetAngry Sun 12-Nov-17 22:38:33

Hate to break it to you but i’m five months pp and I still don’t sleep on my front. I now find it really uncomfortable! I think it is mostly because of the boobs but my neck aches loads as well. I was so looking forwards to it too!

Lovemenoooooww Sun 12-Nov-17 22:38:59

When I was pregnant (DD now 9), once I got too big to sleep on my front, I really missed it! I can sleep on my side etc but I’m a real front sleeper-It just feels better!

grafittiartist Sun 12-Nov-17 22:40:32

Oh, I remember the wonderful feeling when, once I'd finished breastfeeding, I could sleep on my front again. Such a treat after a year and a half!

Bella8 Sun 12-Nov-17 22:40:42

Oh I used to feel like that when I was pregnant. I was always a front sleeper and i hated sleeping on my left side all of the time and felt so uncomfortable. After DS was born the first thing I did was try to get back into my old sleeping position and nobody told me it would be impossible! I couldn't do it as my hips and everything were all still so stretched out and my lower back was all sore and I couldn't do it. It took me about a month before I could start slowly turning on my front again and it wasn't comfortable again until about 3/4 months Post partum.

Ct17218 Sun 12-Nov-17 22:42:07

Omg so much! I wake in so much pain in the night in my shoulders from sleeping on my side. Trying to get comfy now and I just can’t as belly is in the way! Pregnancy pillow doesn’t help either

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 12-Nov-17 22:43:34

I don’t think you’re meant to sleep on your back either.. I’m just pg for the second time and dreading that bit as I always fall asleep on my front!!

Only1scoop Sun 12-Nov-17 22:49:50

I remember the heaven that was sleeping on my tummy after having dd

I missed it so much

Totally get this

TheCatsMother99 Sun 12-Nov-17 22:55:21

I miss it too. I keep terribly now and I'm sure it's as I can't get totally comfortable. I wake up at 3ish every morning and take ages to get back to sleep again. I guess its natures way of trying to prepare me for having sleepless nights due to baby.

TheCatsMother99 Sun 12-Nov-17 22:55:32

Sleep*

Mrstobe90 Sun 12-Nov-17 23:40:16

You can buy inflatable beds with holes in for bumps. Google it smile they’re pricey but look sooooo comfortable!

Bella8 Mon 13-Nov-17 07:03:04

Yeah you're not supposed to sleep on your back either when further along as the weight pressing down can affect circulation for the baby. They say left hand side best for blood flow. I had to sleep on left anyway when I was pregnant as DS wouldn't allow me to lay on the right side and I kept getting shooting pains when I tried.

elland Mon 13-Nov-17 08:37:47

I felt such happiness every night for about 6 months once I could sleep on my front again- I think DP must have got sick of me saying omg it’s amazing every single night 🙈

I tried to sleep on my front when I very first came home and nearly died from pain and disappointment when I realised my boobs were to big and sore!

GardenDreamer Fri 17-Nov-17 23:59:02

I miss it so much!!!!!! Sleeping on side doesn’t cut it plus it makes my hips ache after a while

NoSwsForYou Sat 18-Nov-17 00:03:51

DS I said 18 months old and I still remember how badly I missed sleeping on my front. I am a front sleeper and had ridiculous SPD while I was pregnant so manoeuvring on to my side was agony. Hen I breastfed for 11 months and STILL couldn't sleep on my front <weeps>

It's SO GOOD now though!

Ttbb Sat 18-Nov-17 00:05:00

I really missed it too.

missg00se Sat 18-Nov-17 00:15:15

I would dutifully go to sleep on my side, propped up by my pregnancy pillow, and wake up in the morning, stretched out on my front, having somehow amassed a nest of pillows and covers around me so all my weight wasn’t on the bump. Right up until DD was born at 41+ weeks. I tied myself in knots trying to figure out how not to do this, I’d set alarms and have my husband wake me up every couple of hours too. A year and a half later and I’m gutted I didn’t just take the sleep while I could! I’m still waiting for the day I can comfortably sleep on my front agin though. Stopped bf a few months ago but try telling my body that...

BabyDreams2018 Sat 18-Nov-17 00:24:52

The "recommended" way to sleep when pregnant is on your left side. There is a main blood supply which runs down your back and sleeping on your back puts the weight of the baby puts pressure on it causing piles/varicose veins etc. The blood supply to the major organs is on the right side. I'm sleeping at an angle between my left shoulder and my bump. If I wake in any other position it really hurts especially my bump. I try to take comfort in the fact it will be worth it when DC is born. smile

CatRash Sat 18-Nov-17 18:46:05

Just to give you some hope...I'm 4 months post-partum and breastfeeding and I can happily and easily sleep on my front and have done pretty much since birth. I don't leak milk either despite the fact I'm sleeping on my boobs.

Just remember it's temporary and when you're back to being on your front it'll feel amazing!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: