Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fucking Headache

(9 Posts)
Moanyoldcow Sun 12-Nov-17 22:15:28

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and I've got PIH and have been medicated since 16 weeks.

I have had a headache I just can't shift for two full days now. I've had paracetamol and a bit of codeine, used an ice pack, cologne poured over my head, those bloody 4Head sticks. It won't go and I'm just near to tears with it.

Any magic ideas? Do I need to be worried that it's linked to the PIH and should I see the doctor?

I was checked just over a week ago at the GP and I was fine, BP well controlled. Is it just one of those shitty hormonal things I can't do anything about?

I can't work with it and I've got some important things on this week. Please is there a magic cure?

AnUtterIdiot Sun 12-Nov-17 22:50:25

I would see my midwife (am hyper alert as have managed to clock up every bloody complication going). It may well just be a miserable headache but if you developed it since your bp and wee were last checked I would just go in and have them done again just in case.

Ct17218 Sun 12-Nov-17 22:52:47

A really hot shower? I find they really helped with my headaches I’ve been having recently.

endofthelinefinally Sun 12-Nov-17 22:54:50

You need to get your BP checked again. And a urine test. ASAP.

Moanyoldcow Sun 12-Nov-17 22:55:06

Ok, thanks Utter - I'll see if it's there tomorrow and if it's still there I'll day assessment unit.

I know how you feel - my last pregnancy was one of those - I'm just praying I don't develop GD and PE. SPD and blood thinners are bad enough.

Oysterbabe Sun 12-Nov-17 23:29:58

No advice but huge sympathy.
I've had a headache for 3 days which has been caused by a nasty cold turning into sinusitis. There's just nothing I can take apart from paracetamol, which is like pissing on a raging inferno. All the decongestants apparently haven't been tested enough to be deemed pregnancy safe. I'd bet my house that if men got pregnant they'd have tested the shit out of everything. I have been in tears a few times but have cheered myself up by fantasising about shooting myself in the head. That would be such a relief.

OuchLegoHurts Sun 12-Nov-17 23:34:31

I'd bet anything it's a sinus infection. There's a horrible dose asserting and I was pregnant (miscarried a couple of days ago) and I was waking up every couple of nothing's with a terrible headache that nothing would shift, and then it was diagnosed as sinuses. Staying warm and drinking lots of tea and other hot drinks with paracetamol and loss of sleep helped a bit but it's a bitch!

OuchLegoHurts Sun 12-Nov-17 23:34:58

Sorry for typos!

OuchLegoHurts Sun 12-Nov-17 23:35:29

Lots of sleep...etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now