Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What to pack in hospital bag?

(5 Posts)
Ttc321 Sun 12-Nov-17 15:34:00

Hi all,
I'm 33+4 weeks pregnant and thinking about packing my bag soon.
Was just wondering what I should pack as im a first time mom to be.
I have got one night dress & one nursing night dress, one pair of pyjamas & slippers, and all of my toiletries ready. Just need to know what baby things I need to pack really, also do I need to pack my things & the baby's separate or is it ok to put them all into one hold-all bag?
Thanks for you're help

Jessiecat27 Sun 12-Nov-17 15:40:03

I was told by my midwife (I know all hospitals are different) to pack breastpads, maternity pads, cotton wool, nappies on top of yours and babies clothes. I've packed snacks, camera, phone charger, a spray bottle (I've heard hospitals are hot) my own towel, water bottle for the 'after wee' as it's meant to help with stinging! I've got babies bag separate as I thought it'd be easier as I know what's where then (:

Jessiecat27 Sun 12-Nov-17 15:40:53

Oh and moist flushable toilet wipes and soft toilet roll! I want it to be as painless as possible after 🙈

jellyandsoup Sun 12-Nov-17 15:44:27

What you've got is good, you may need more of you have a longer stay but would always recommend packing 2 bags, one main one and one with extras that youivht need that can be left in the car and only got if needed.

I work in maternity wards and deal.with this everyday, the biggest problem is not people forgetting stuff it is the people who come with their whole house worth of stuff. Imagine your going on a plane, handluggage sized bags max!!! You might need 2 that's ok. Baby doesn't need a huge amount, a few days of clothes, small.pack of nappies, wipes/cotton wool, 2 hats. Again you can always pack extra in another bag to leave in the car.
Good luck

Notlostjustexploring Sun 12-Nov-17 15:47:44

Pack your own pillow. I was in 4 nights between induction and section and my own pillow was amazing! Also, food and drink! I was starving afterwards!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now