Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Feeling like poo

(6 Posts)
lilliannrose Sun 12-Nov-17 15:05:01

Hi there! I am roughly 8 weeks pregnant with my first child. I am very happy but at the same time I feel like poo. The sickness isn’t as bad as I thought however seem to have nausea and horrid headache that won’t go away despite taking paracetamol. I also feel dead lazy and all I want to do is sleep. Please tell me these symptoms will start to wear off eventually cause got 7 more months of this. 😩

pastabest Sun 12-Nov-17 15:13:46

8 - 10 weeks is often 'peak' crapiness.

For most people it has usually worn off by around week 16.

The tiredness is absolutely normal. Fortunately at this time of year you can hibernate a bit!

Feeling exactly the same myself at the moment. Rubbish

lilliannrose Sun 12-Nov-17 15:43:46

@pastabest thanks. Yesh it’s horrid. 😩 Trying to keep positive n strong but not easy

Passthecake30 Sun 12-Nov-17 15:48:40

I remember passing out on the bed the minute I got in from work, and feeling sick all day. At week 12, it magically started to ease... fine and "blooming" weeks 14-34, and then feeling like an elephant who can only waddle not walkfor the last 5 weeks. It's not all badgrin I suggest no cleaning, lots of takeaways... whatever it takes to get through this stage. Congratulations!

SanJunipero Sun 12-Nov-17 15:55:01

I definitely felt at my roughest at 8 weeks; I was loads better by 12 and pretty much back to normal by 16. Hang on in there - it’s horrid when it feels like it will never end, but it will. Just eat what you fancy, rest as much as possible, and look after yourself flowers

PJsAndProsecco Sun 12-Nov-17 16:04:55

I sympathise OP, I’m also around 8 weeks and feeling crap. Not so much nausea this time but I’m exhausted. All. The. Time. Work is haaarrrd!!! I’ve literally been going to bed at 7:30 most nights the last week! I’m hoping this is the peak of it and as I get towards 10-12 weeks I’ll get some energy back!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: