Talk

Advanced search

What do I do now?

(9 Posts)
Lm1414 Sun 12-Nov-17 13:47:17

I’m aware this is going to sound completely stupid but what happens now?
So I’ve just found out I’m pregnant, not sure exactly how many weeks yet
So I’m hoping to make a doctors appointment tomorrow but can anyone actually explain what they will do?
Thanks in advance sorry for being completely dumb!

didsomeonesaywine Sun 12-Nov-17 13:49:55

Congrats smile
When you call the doctors tell the receptionist you think you’re pregnant they will book you in for a ‘booking appointment’ with Midwife. I think ours was between 8-10 weeks?? The just go over medical history, EDD, the basics.
Then all your future appointments get booked from there. It does feel like forever waiting for the appointment especially if you’ve found out early like we did (4-5 weeks!)

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 12-Nov-17 13:50:06

You don’t need a dr appointment, you need to ring up for a midwife ‘booking in’ appointment. They will ask a million questions and write the answers in a little booklet which you then carry round for the next nine months to all your other apts! They’ll make your scan and blood test apts and send you dates.

Congratulations!

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 12-Nov-17 13:50:27

X post smile

Lm1414 Sun 12-Nov-17 17:34:13

@didsomeonesaywine @mykingdomforbrie thank you so much both of you at least I know now was worrying about something so silly just wanted an idea of what to expect x

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 12-Nov-17 18:41:32

Not silly at all! How would you know til you ask smile a lot of people waste their time and the surgery time by making a dr apt because they don’t think to ask so don’t feel bad about it!

Lm1414 Sun 12-Nov-17 19:03:41

Very true! Thank you

JoJoSM2 Sun 12-Nov-17 19:10:56

Also make sure you have folic acid and vit D as a minimum and preferably a multivitamin + omega 3. Don’t have ibuprofen and not much caffeine and don’t have alcohol.

Babybear1117 Mon 13-Nov-17 13:34:49

Thanks all. Rang up this morning and she was lovely, booked an appointment for a week today! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now