Talk

Advanced search

Gained so much weight during pregnancy!

(8 Posts)
Ttc321 Sun 12-Nov-17 13:03:12

Hi all,
I have gained TONS of weight during pregnancy, just looking for advice of will I lose it?? Can I lose it? Any suggestions on how?
My body is an absolute mess, I was a size 8-10 and slim before becoming pregnant, my skin was next to perfect and I've never even had cellulite. Now I'm 33 weeks pregnant, I'm covered head to toe with stretch marks bright red and purple, particularly very deep on my belly, my legs don't even separate there that fat! My face has blown up and my chin is huge, and all of my legs and arms have cellulite on!

I never ever imagined this happening during pregnancy, I thought i would just have a bump and still remain the same since as my skin was lovely before hand, but it's went completely opposite.
I'm not being shallow and I'm so glad I'm pregnant and having my baby, I would do it all over again for him, but I just feel like I need some advice on how to maintain a stable weight, I just can't believe how fat I have become and my family just laugh and say they can't believe that I've put on so much weight as they never expected it from me!
sad will it all go away once I've had my son??

PeachyCandle Sun 12-Nov-17 13:22:18

Don’t worry. I put over 4 stone on with DC1, (I was 5’6’’ and 10 stone and went up to 14 stone 4lb just before he was born). He was 9lb 2oz. I literally looked like I’d been inflated.

I got slowly back down to 10 stone 7lb, then I gained another 4 stone when pregnant with DC2 (she was 8lb) by doing the WeightWatchers plan for breastfeeding mums. This worked really well for me.

So overall I’m only half a stone heavier than my pre-baby weight. While pregnant with DC2 I had to eat constantly or I would feel sick - Mars Bars were my weakness along with Maltesers, cheese and onion toasties, and cake. She’s 6 months old now, I’ll try shift that stubborn 7lb when she’s finished feeding.

Lozmatoz Sun 12-Nov-17 15:17:39

Breasting and never having a minute to yourself, pushing pram etc.... it’ll drop off.

AnxietyStrikes Sun 12-Nov-17 15:24:02

I put on over 3 stone while I was pregnant with dd. I gave birth to her 4 months ago and I weigh less now than I ever have!!!

I've found that running around, never having the time to eat or do anything that isn't feed, burp and change a baby does make a huge difference. When you do have time to eat choose what you eat wisely, don't just grab a packet of biscuits because it's quick and easy! Grab some fruit or something like that instead.

I also make sure that I go out for an hour walk everyday. The weeks when I haven't been walking as much due to bad weather or whatever I haven't lost any weight!

PeachyCandle Sun 12-Nov-17 18:12:48

Just realised my post reads as if doing Weightwatchers made me gain 4 stone. What I should have said was, after DC2 was born WW helped me get back down to 10 and a half stone quite quickly, after my weight settled at around 12 and a half a few weeks after the birth.

NerNerNerNerBATMAN Sun 12-Nov-17 18:44:07

I feel your pain OP. I put on loads of weight with each pg, way over recommended guidelines. I just can't help it.

I breastfed 4 stone off last time, and am hoping to do the same this time. Breastfeeding and walking did it for me.

The stretch marks fade

WhyTheHeckMe Sun 12-Nov-17 19:23:14

I was a size 8-10 pre pregnancy and gained 3.5 stone. I was covered in cellulite it actually used to reduce me to tears. All over my arms, even my tummy that was stretched but the bits by my back had it on too.
I breastfed and within a month you couldn't tell I'd had a baby and my cellulite all went.
I'm now 17 weeks pregnant with baby 2 and it's allll happening again.....

Shutupanddance1 Mon 13-Nov-17 09:47:58

I gained 4 stone while pregnant with DD1, I had pre eclampsia though but I found with BF I lost the majority of it in first 3 months. Got back to my pre baby weight within a year and I'm now pregnant again grin Kinda makes me think why did I bother with the healthy eating to get fat again?

This time round I've quite crap nausea, but I have went off chocolate so that helps smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now