Talk

Advanced search

Due date calculators read different weeks :(

(6 Posts)
Sarah1087 Sun 12-Nov-17 10:23:08

My last day of first period was 6/10/17
My cycles are 34days
Most calculators are putting me at 5 weeks 2days pregnant
But I've done one more and it's put me at 4 weeks 2 days.

I'm ever so confused lol
Not seeing doctor For another week either

CrmbleBee Sun 12-Nov-17 10:31:16

Many calculators use a 28 day cycle. You need to use one with an adjustable cycle length option. I'd go with the NHS.

www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/due-date-calculator.aspx

MrsL2016 Sun 12-Nov-17 10:31:29

Do you mean first day of your last period? That date puts at 5 weeks 2 days like you say and this what your midwife will use to date pregnancy until your 12 week dating scan, which will be more accurate and dates may change, especially if you have a longer cycle like you say. Congratulations

Ohyesiam Sun 12-Nov-17 10:36:11

Do you know on which day of your cycle you ovulate? ( mine is day 9 of a 23 day cycle for eg). Your pregnancy with be counted from 14 days before that, it's just medical convention.
At least it was in my nursing days (15 years ago), hope I'm not giving you out of date in infoblush, someone will be on to correct me if I am.

BabyDreams2018 Sun 12-Nov-17 10:48:39

Since your period is not exactly 28 days those calculators won't be accurate for you. You will get an accurate due date at your dating scan. I knew my dates but my baby measured older than my dates. The MW said everything was fine and they weren't worried because I didn't have a 28 day cycle so ovulated at a different time in my cycle which is to be expected.

JoJoSM2 Sun 12-Nov-17 12:26:02

Given your cycle length, you’re probably just over 4 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now