Talk

Advanced search

Symptoms stopped 6+5

(10 Posts)
Whitley83 Sun 12-Nov-17 09:00:34

Hi. All my symptoms have just stopped. I'm 6+5 if I take a clear blue test today if I'm still pregnant will it show 3+ weeks? I'm beside myself.. should I call my epu and see if theyll scan me?

CrmbleBee Sun 12-Nov-17 09:03:59

Perfectly normal for symptoms to stop and re-start. Mine did. Calm down. Also, an EPU scan this early may only add to your worry if they can't see a heartbeat because it's too early. Some women don't even get symptoms, each pregnancy is different.

CrmbleBee Sun 12-Nov-17 09:08:21

ClearBlue relies on average hormone levels, yours may be different, so it might say 3+ but don't panic if it doesn't. Also POAS isn't really helpful in terms of an immediate check of a pregnancy continuing as it takes up to 2 weeks to get a negative after miscarriage anyway- levels of hcg drop slowly.

There are lots of versions of this post on mumsnet archives too. They all say if there's no bleeding, chances are it's all fine.

TheCatsPaws Sun 12-Nov-17 09:08:29

There’s no point testing because if you’re having a miscarriage, it’ll still show positive. Mine did for weeks. Don’t waste your money.

However there’s no reason to believe symptoms coming and going indicates a miscarriage.

TheCatsPaws Sun 12-Nov-17 09:09:40

Also my EPU won’t scan you for reassurance without pain or bleeding. Even if you’ve had miscarriages before.

If you really want a scan, you might have to go private.

GreyTree Sun 12-Nov-17 09:13:49

Scan wouldn't give you much info right now. Repeat blood hcg tests would paint a picture but unfortunately if the pregnancy is coming to an end there is nothing you can do. I've been where you are three times and it's awful to be in limbo.

My pregnancy with DD, my symptoms stopped and I convinced myself it was game over. The repeat hcgs were inconclusive and my digital clearblue tests went up to 3+ and then down to 2-3 and up again. Baby is now downstairs.

Good luck. Keep calm. Try and keep busy and contact your EPU for advice.

Girlwiththearabstrap Sun 12-Nov-17 09:15:17

6 weeks is still really early and symptoms come and go and aren't indicative of how the pregnancy is progressing. I know the worry is awful but EPU is really for pain, bleeding or clinical worries. If you want reassurance a private scan would work but I'd leave it a while as they don't always do internal ones privately and that's often what's needed at this stage. Try and relax - assume that no pain or bleeding means all is well.

Whitley83 Sun 12-Nov-17 09:26:00

Thank you very much everyone. You've all put me at ease. I have no bleeding or pain so I'll just sit it out. I see the midwife on the 16th also so I'll air my views then. I've had a MC before and it's awful and really can't go through it again. And I've stupidly read about MMC's and it looks like there is so many people who have been through it sad

TheCatsPaws Sun 12-Nov-17 09:36:50

MMC are not common. I’ve had one, and while I know a few women who’ve had miscarriages, I don’t know anyone other than me who had a missed miscarriage.

On forums, people look for support. You’ll find a lot of people talking about miscarriage because it’s a difficult thing, whereas a normal pregnancy with no issues isn’t likely to be talked about as often.

I’ve had four pregnancies and have one DS. My symptoms came and went with all of them and there was no “pattern” that picked up with it.

I hope you feel better

Ilovechocolate111 Sun 12-Nov-17 10:46:05

I'm currently going through a mmc. I went for a early scan due to having 5 mcs already. Everything has been done has all the pregnancy symptoms, no bleeding or bad cramp and I should be 11 weeks but at the scan the baby stopped at 6 weeks with no hb. So I've got to go for a d&c on Friday.
I haven't wrote this post to scare you . If you are worried ring the epu or your midwife.
I hope everything goes ok for you. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now